Take your trash out with you!

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
jaydee2trad

Take your trash out with you!

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

There is nothing like slipping along in the woods with your bow as you both hunt and scout for a new or better spot. But then you spot it, the trash pile around a tree where someone had a stand or climber previously. This could have been earlier this year or even several years ago but no matter. If it was a good spot to hunt, this sign screams hunt here but why make it easier for someone else to find your spot? beside the fact that is trashing out the woods and spot. Oh wait, why not leave a trail of trash from the road all the way up to your stand? One year I was hunting this spot that the entrance was naturally hidden pretty well. I had been parking way down the road and walking in the well used tire tracks to keep my own foot tracks hiden in the dirt. But someone had forced their truck right into the entrance and parked there. I was seeing this with my head lamp that I had on low. And then the trail of trash, lots of it and I was both shocked and dismayed. I had not hunted there because of the opening weekend of muzzle loading season had started and I didn't want company in this area. I was indirectly hunting some scrapes and doing my best to be both quiet and scent free. The trail of trash went past my stand but I made my way around behind the cedars that I had placed to hide ladder and hang on stand. About twenty minutes later, still fairly dark, I hear this truck coming and sure enough, he pulled into the entrance. Then after the honking of his truck locking, here he came. He was nearly to me when I spoke and told him to go away, that I was there. He came unglued and began screaming that I was in his stand. I calmly told him that I had been hunting out of this tree for the last 2 weeks but he was hopping mad. Finally he stormed off and kept reving his truck up before screaming off. His stand was another forty feet from me and right over the very scrape. As daylight arrived, I could see even more trash around his short ladder stand. But after 30 minutes or so, I began taking my stand down and left with everything because I knew that he would do something to it. it was two years later before I hunted in that spot again. But why be so darn lazy with your trash? JD

Grizzly

Re: Take your trash out with you!

#2 Post by Grizzly »

They have always been called "slob hunters"; folks too full of themselves to care for anything else.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Slob hunters is right, Griz! And I've encountered my share. While gun hunting back in the '90s we encountered "road hunters", which is several grades of worse...two guys cruising the roads in the back of a pickup with loaded guns...my hunting buddy shot a nice fat doe, which was bleeding when it crossed the road. Yep, you guessed it. We followed the blood trail right to the gut pile.
Aim small, miss small!

jaydee2trad

#4 Post by jaydee2trad »

Seen the gut pile thing before. we had stopped to look at a huge gut pile in the road, it was still steaming when this guy come busting out of the brush and stared at us and the pile. I had to explain that we had just stopped to look at it. He began crying.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”