Small Game Head Showdown Video

Forum rules
Be fair.
Gamestalker

Small Game Head Showdown Video

#1 Post by Gamestalker »

Have any of you seen this video by Clay Hayes?

https://youtu.be/Z8fpTja-kUw

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Small Game Head Showdown Video

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Cool, he sure knows how to destroy an arrow! :lol: :idea:

Ole Dave

#3 Post by Ole Dave »

Enjoyed the report, but only thing not mentioned was the effectiveness on small game...

I've shot squirrel and a rabbit with a judo and they BOTH got away... squirrel I shot once and broke shoulder, 2nd shot knocked out of a tree it ran up on 3 legs, then it ran off property onto posted land...

Rabbit I hit with a 700 gr. ash arrow and Muzzy Judo and it penetrated enough for it to run off and drag the arrow down some groundhog hole, DEEP, cause I got into a mess of holes and checked each one reaching down as far as I could, nada...

So Judo are out for game for me... that ACE Hex worked pretty well for flight and weight but haven't shot game with it...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

man those poor woodies!

I'm starting to like these wing nut blunts more and more, they stop an arrow pretty good and are a lot cheaper than the manufactured ones.

Gamestalker

#5 Post by Gamestalker »

Wing nut blunts :?:

Longtrad

#6 Post by Longtrad »

might need to ream the nut out a little with a drill so you can get enough threads in and make a secure lock up.

Gamestalker

#7 Post by Gamestalker »

Why not just put a big flat washer on instead of the wingnut :?: :idea:
I haven't ever done that, but I've heard about guys doing it for small game. I think I've heard about guys putting flat washers behind broadheads for turkey hunting to reduce penetration too.

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

I like your do-it-yourself ways and ingenuity Clay. I dont think I've ever seen a wingnut used before. Looks like a great idea.....
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#9 Post by Longtrad »

I bet a washer would work well too, I just happened to find some wing nuts that weigh the right amount. I got the idea from somewhere on the internet.
Another cool trick I learned for a quick roving arrow is to poke a hole through a beer bottle cap and then put that behind your screw in field point. works for a handful of shots at least.

Return to “Product Review”