The Great Prairie Predator Review

Forum rules
Be fair.
Shadowhntr

Re: The Great Prairie Predator Review

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Unfortunately i have not. However, Ive searched and found just as much praise for the Omega as the Maddog with no negatives for either one. I looked far and wide to find people who owned both, to see their opinions. No surprise that it seemed split evenly as to which one came out on top. A general consensus started to become obvious between the 2. That is, the Omega was faster with some saying a slightly better feeling grip, but the Maddog was more customizable with prettier woods available. More then anything, the Omega seemed more popular in the East, the Maddog had popularity in Central and West.

One attractive aspect of the Omega, is you can buy a bow ready for finish, but unfinished, at a greatly reduced price.

I almost had to flip a coin to choose, they are each so close in attractive qualities. If I ever get an Omega, it will be the Imperial, though the Original is certainly attractive. There are a good number of guys on TG that will not shoot anything else.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

I have conversed with Kegan a bit over on A/T (the maker of the Omega); a great guy but still young(not that it makes any difference, really). I might give Mike the nod due to his age and experience but it boils down to what you prefer more than anything.
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#18 Post by Longtrad »

oooh thanks for the info Jason! I have been thinking thinking the thumb rest was called a locator..... that explains some things..... lol :? :? :oops:

nm41mag

#19 Post by nm41mag »

I received My Mountaineer from mad dog 52@29and 68" i believe might be 53 (no requerdo) it was easier to shoot well with with arrows tuned for the Hatfield 55# at 28 than the Hatfield. after adding a little weight to the front end the arrows, it is now a look and release bow. As far as hand shock it is spooky good. in my compound, and FETA days I always wore a wrist sling. There is one on the Hatfield now. on this it is not even a consideration. I do not grip the bow and it does not seem to leap. i have not put string silencers on it. but it is quieter than any thing else I own. I think the shipping box weighed more than the bow, I cant imagine how the predator could be much less to carry. I am loving it.
I bought it for the name as Mad Dog;that is how a lot of people address me. I could not be happier.
Thanks Mike.
The pup has reduced the challenge of hitting the target for the grandson as well.
however its cast is such that it easily exceeds the confines of our 2 acre yard requiring more
supervision and intervention than the red fiberglass bow.

Shadowhntr

#20 Post by Shadowhntr »

Awesome Paul! Great to see ya on again! Im really glad you all like your bows. Mike has some great patterns going.

Longtrad

#21 Post by Longtrad »

What is the difference between the prairie pred and the mountaineer? Is one just bigger? I think my 60" prairie predator weighs right around a pound. Pretty dang light mass.

Shadowhntr

#22 Post by Shadowhntr »

Mountaineer is a little bigger (still small), a bit less R/D, and can be longer, with more draw weight, then the Prairie Predator.

Return to “Product Review”