Bass Pro Redhead boots

Forum rules
Be fair.
Shadowhntr

Bass Pro Redhead boots

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

Awesome feeling warm hunting boots. 1 yr guarantee to be waterproof or a free new pair. 800g thinsulate insulation, gore tex water proof, polypropylene wicking liner. Extremely comfortable.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redhead- ... ts-for-men
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Bass Pro Redhead boots

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

They look like a fine pair of hunting boots to go along with the wool socks. But I’m going to need your credit card number... :cry: :?

dhaverstick

#3 Post by dhaverstick »

I hope they work out for you, Jason. I work in Springfield, MO (home of Bass Pro) and the last time I was in there to buy boots, the guy waiting on me specifically steered me away from the Redhead line because he thought their quality was not as good as other brands offered.

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

I am a former employee of Bass Pro. Actually Tracker boats which is part of and owned by. Due to the fact that employees got a large discount, especially on Bas Pro brand name products like this one, I have worn quite a bit of their products. Most of what I wore seemed to be good quality. But as we all know most all shoes are made in China or some other foreign place. I can’t really say about those made today as it has been too many years since I used them and it appears that everyone is seeking to make things cheaper and charge more for them. I am certainly not disagreeing with the employee who warned Darren, just sharing that my experience was different. I have owned a few pair of the Redhead brand and was satisfied, but I may not know what a good pair of boots actually feel like since I usually grab bargains. :oops:

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I think there is a certain amount of validity to what the guy was saying Darren. I've wavered from bass pro redhead boots long ago. I tried on and looked at a few brand names along with several of the redhead boots all in my budget of up to $200. Some names I had tried on and inspected were Danner (1), Rocky(2), and Wolverine(1) as well as 3 sets of Redhead boots. To be honest the worst made and feeling pair was indeed a Redhead boot for about $100. The next worse boot and I was very disappointed in, was the Danner. From there the cheaper Rocky and other Tedhead was about equal and was ok feeling but still kinda blah. Then the Next Rocky was slightly above but only in hardware as they still felt very mediocre and at $180. The next best was not a bad boot at all, and was a Wolverine for $170... kinda liked it but it was not as good as the Redhead boot I bought.
Honestly I didn't intend to buy redhead brand. I wanted Rocky or Wolverine. There was no denying that this particular Redhead boot is WAY above the others if it's kind...and quite a bit better then even the closes competitor! Don't believe me, someday go in and try on Redheads Tree stand II insulated boots. I think you will be shocked and for a lower price tag of $150. Do some review reading...youll see.

And yes..about any boot line out there are now Chinese offerings. However IF you got the dough, a few top brands still have a limited amount of boots that are made in the USA. Gotta do your homework though because they are kinda few.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Product Review”