Cheap Insurance.

Forum rules
Be fair.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Cheap Insurance.

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:You wont be disappointed with it and Chad is a pleasure to work with. :D
Do you hunt with one?
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'll be honest. My concern is arrow flight. I know obviously the arrows are hitting close enough....what about arrow flight? I cannot get past thinking the extra drag, and more and more with each foot of string let out, is going to make a formerly true flying arrow a tad kilter off with the string attatched? Physics says something is going to change.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

Out to 20 yards you wont even notice a difference.
I will add, the 30# line does work better than the 17#.
The 17# has been more prone to snagging on brush and pulling apart.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:I'll be honest. My concern is arrow flight. I know obviously the arrows are hitting close enough....what about arrow flight? I cannot get past thinking the extra drag, and more and more with each foot of string let out, is going to make a formerly true flying arrow a tad kilter off with the string attatched? Physics says something is going to change.
Didn't seem to bother Jose' much...
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#20 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:
Shadowhntr wrote:I'll be honest. My concern is arrow flight. I know obviously the arrows are hitting close enough....what about arrow flight? I cannot get past thinking the extra drag, and more and more with each foot of string let out, is going to make a formerly true flying arrow a tad kilter off with the string attatched? Physics says something is going to change.
Didn't seem to bother Jose' much...
No I can see that much. But I'm not sure if he is as OCD as I am or not though...lol
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#21 Post by stumper »

DRag is minimal and I haven’t really
Noticed anything. I was concerned about that as well at first but my concerns have been been disbanded.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#22 Post by Graps »

Don't even give it a second thought.
Just pay attention to where the string is before the shot so it's not tangled in your arm or something and REMEMBER TO TAKE THE STOPPER OUT OF THE HOLE WHEN YOU START HUNTING!
Just sayin'. :? :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#23 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Don't even give it a second thought.
Just pay attention to where the string is before the shot so it's not tangled in your arm or something and REMEMBER TO TAKE THE STOPPER OUT OF THE HOLE WHEN YOU START HUNTING!
Just sayin'. :? :roll:
Was that the voice of experience I just heard? :?
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#24 Post by Graps »

Actually Kirk, a few weeks ago I was in my blind for a couple hours when I saw the stopper still in the hole.
I was fortunate that I didn't try to shoot a deer with that still in.

Return to “Product Review”