Bear and deer loading for solo hunters

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Shadowhntr

Re: Bear and deer loading for solo hunters

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:Carrying a deer over your shoulder is a good way to convert your ass into a pincushion around these parts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: that too!!!

Im planning on mine being in smallish chunks, inside a clean plastic bag, inside a big butt military heavy canvas duffel bag, and strapped to my 2 wheel deer cart. Im thinking that beats over the shoulder whole deer carry any day of the week!!! :ugeek:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Yes...I have not yet had the opportunity to christen my 'deer bicycle' yet.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#18 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:Yes...I have not yet had the opportunity to christen my 'deer bicycle' yet.
I didnt even buy one until I had close to a 300lb buck on the ground, in 3/4 of a mile from the truck! I had Russ pick it up on his way to help me, since back then he was working at Academy Sports! Man that thing saved our rumps...i dont have any idea how we would have gotten him out otherwise.

I miss my ol private ground where I could drive right up to em....ugh. public ground is quite an adjustment in every way! ....:cry:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “DIY section”