Strings

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
stumper

Strings

#1 Post by stumper »

Just got all my string making stuff. Starting with a Flemish jig and b55 as one of my bows is not fast flight capable. First string came out great but made it the length of the bow lol. Way too long. Second one I thought I messed up but I didn't lol and third one is stretching on my grizzly now. All I have to say is it's rewarding and not that difficult. And man once you have jig it's so cheap.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

Re: Strings

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

You've done something there ive yet to tackle! Congrats on your accomplishment! Carpdaddy has told me numerous times I should be makin my own. I think the man even built his own jig! Is your jig production, or home made?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Production. But hey I am gonna have strings for days now! Put couple arrows on the first one and it was great!!!

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

If you dont mind me asking Dave, what kind did ya get, and roughly the cost?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Good on you! I was gonna delve into it until I found Stilldub's eBay Flemish twists...$8.75 shipped to your door.
Can't even by the materials for that!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote:If you dont mind me asking Dave, what kind did ya get, and roughly the cost?
hahaha I don't see why I would ever mind sharing my experiences. I ordered everything through KustomKing. I made an order Wednesday with them and they sent it so fast, plus I love their prices.... Plus they have bear paw products... I got the only Flemish board they had, I believe it is bear paw and I believe it was about 25 bucks. To me it was worth not having to make it. B55 is about 9 bucks a spool for 1100 yards two colors and you are good to go. Servicing starts at about 5 bucks and goes up depending what you want. The instructions for board are sufficient to make a sting and a youtube video doesn't hurt either. All in I think I spent 95 bucks on 3 spools board 4 silencers two different kinds of serving, nocking points and two tubs of wax. I think I have enough to make over 100 strings lol.... I made three and did not put a dent in the spool.

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

Thats incredible! I gotta get me that. You inspired me!

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote:Thats incredible! I gotta get me that. You inspired me!
Yes you do! It's pretty awesome.

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

My fourth string was a raging success. Man it shoots awesome. Really leaning some cool stuff.

Shadowhntr

#10 Post by Shadowhntr »

Good, now ur ready to make mine.... :evil:

Return to “DIY section”