Strings

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Shadowhntr

Re: Strings

#46 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yay dahyer!!!!

I like both the endless and flemish.... It kinda depends on the bow and set up. I do know that flemish will stretch much farther then endless when shooting extremely heavy arrows. The fluctuation between unstrung and strung up for a couple days, can be quite a bit too....especially with the skinny strings, which I tend to like.
I'd think padded endless would be similar to straight flemish for bow nock health. With my Toelke, the bow nocks are so darn tiny that ANY string looks big in them!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#47 Post by Graps »

Me personally, I love the looks of a Flemish.
And to me they seem quieter and I like the barber poll look.
I'm going to add, if the loop ends are back layed, they don't stretch anymore than a continuous loop.
I have made both types of strings, learned how in the early 70s when I got my archery merit badge in the boy scouts.
Sometime about 30 years ago people started making the Flemish skipping the back lay step because it uses a little less string and you can make a string a few minutes faster.
But with Dacron, the string will creep. With FF, you can get away with it, but as mentioned it will pull up when relaxed.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Cedar shooter

#48 Post by Cedar shooter »

What is back layed?

Graps

#49 Post by Graps »

Cedar shooter wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:49 pm What is back layed?
That's where the tag ends are twisted together in the opposite direction on the main bundles before they are layed( twisted) together.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Cedar shooter

#50 Post by Cedar shooter »

Ok I've been doing that was confused for a moment.

Return to “DIY section”