How to make a Flemish eye splice.

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Graps

Re: How to make a Flemish eye splice.

#21 Post by Graps »

By Jove, I think he's got it.👍👀
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Elkman
Site Admin

#22 Post by Elkman »

Those strings look good Dave!
Longtrad wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 am Don't get me wrong, amo could work if everyone was on the same page, but with different materials, different ways of making strings, and different bow designs it just seems to me like it adds a confusing element into the equation that does not need to be there. I think every bowyer should say what brace height their bows tend to work well with and suggest a string length to reach that brace. In my limited experience with bowyers this is how it has worked so far.
I agree, the AMO standards have been around for along time. Back then most people getting into traditional archery were buying larger production company products.
Then you add the DIY into the equation and it is just like many other industries out there. Auto repair, cabinets, home building, etc, etc, etc. Standards, codes, proper techniques get left out of the process at times because they may not have been taught properly. Now with the Internet, the not so right methods spread like a wild fire.
That doesn't take away from the fact that some do a great job and/or make good products that work even with the lack of knowledge of some of the techniques, codes or standards.
Flemish Dave wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 pm I see a revamp in Flemish Dave's business... I guess sometimes you don't know what you don't know...
Sorry Dave for the quote but you said it yourself.
I am no different. I don't know it all. I strive to learn more and do better at everything I do.
I made cabinets for almost 20 years and I know I didn't get taught some of proper techniques, codes and standards involved with that.
In the end, all we have is what we have been taught, but in today's world there is a good chance that we've been taught wrong to some degree.

Sorry Dale for the long winded addition to your thread.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

stumper

#23 Post by stumper »

Hey quote me all you want.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#24 Post by Graps »

Flemish Dave wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am Hey quote me all you want.
OK, I will too. :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “DIY section”