Crazynate

#1 Post by Crazynate »

Hey y'all. I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I'm excited to be a part of a forum that allows people to have opinions. Some of y'all might recognize my name from another forum. I love traditional archery and have been involved for about 13 years in shooting. I have also been a Bear collector for way longer than that. But I love shooting hunting and collecting all the same. I Look forward to being a member here.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: New member

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Glad to have you crazynate, you don't have to be crazy to fit in here, but it helps. We may not agree on everything but try not to launch personal attacks. I also belong to other forums as do many here, I find this one to be more respectful of differing opinions. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Welcome Nate! As Tony said, we don't do the "my way or else the highway" thing. Your experience and opinions are always allowed and welcomed. If it doesn't match my thoughts...well then that's what makes us individuals. We can learn and conquer way more by having a diverse minded team, rather then having a bunch of mini me's following one person or two so that everyone thinks alike and acts alike.

We look very forward to getting to know you...and to tap into your experience.

We don't bark at anyone if they happen to post something that doesn't match the particular forum, but we do ask that you try. We can talk about anything we want to that is decent in nature or non political over on the Campfire section. There we talk about modern guns, black powders, hiking, fishing, or what ever else we want to. Trad hunting and trad shooting practice, arrows and so on all have their own forum. But again if you post in one that is off topic...it may get moved into the correct one but done with kindness and we let you know by leaving a shadow copy that takes you to the new location...no scolding involved.
For instance, I will move this over to New Members check in...and then you can see how it's done. Just click on your thread as normal and it will automatically take you to it and it's new location.

I certainly hope you make yourself at home here brother!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

Nice to see you here Nate!

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Nate, you may have it already figured out...but I want to let you know that in the upper left corner just below your log in/out and user name is a tool that says "view unanswered post/view active topics". If you click on "view active topics" it will keep you in the action including all forums where posting is happening, so you wont have to search everything or risk missing something. We are smallish here so it helps insure you maximum interaction.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Crazynate

#6 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks guys. And thanks shadowhunter for the tips.

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

I'd be really interested to see and hear about your bear collection, I have always wanted one of the 59 grizzlys or kodiaks myself

Crazynate

#8 Post by Crazynate »

Longtrad I love the 59 grizzly. I sold a 59kodiak few years back because it was a tad to heavy for me. I haven't replaced it since those bring a high price for a good one. the 59 Polars are also very excellent shooters as well.

Jamesh76

#9 Post by Jamesh76 »

welcome!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome to the forum, Crazynate!
You advice over on another forum helped me considerably with my arrow cresting questions (whether you knew that or not).
Always glad to have a new member here that is a person and not a bot...LOL!
We're a pretty small but friendly bunch, and we respect each other's opinions and values whether we agree or not.And Carp is right...we do wander off the beaten path here, more frequently than not, but that's OK because there's a lot of humor to be found there. Glad you've joined us!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “New Member Check In”