Hiya folks.

Feanor

Re: Hiya folks.

#16 Post by Feanor »

Captainkirk, yep, governments grab for more power over the people and they get more and more until the tree of liberty needs watering again. But tyrants and patriots is a bit rose tinted, especially now with the power of it's weapons. Sure tyrants and patriots but women and children too.
My my, aren't I cheerfull.. :oops:

Graps, I'll gladly show you some of the stuff asap.

Jd, half a pound field tip? That's a monster!
Don't know enough about atlatl yet but first two thoughts that struck me were throwing technique or too stiff a dart maybe?
Maybe someone on paleoplanet can help?
But if you want to try adding weight first, a bit of steel pipe over the shaft should serve.

jd-xlt

#17 Post by jd-xlt »

John
My bad. my heaviest field tip is 250gr (grains not g, grams) that little r makes a big difference 250gr is about .6 ounces. I think half a pound up front would sink like a rock. If I could throw it. :)
"Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day,"

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

jd-xlt wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm John
My bad. my heaviest field tip is 250gr (grains not g, grams) that little r makes a big difference 250gr is about .6 ounces. I think half a pound up front would sink like a rock. If I could throw it. :)
Sometimes a typo can change the meaning tremendously.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Feanor

#19 Post by Feanor »

I thought something was up, a quarter kg tip and you still want more weight up front? But I thought it was a conversion error and you added a zero. ☺

Return to “New Member Check In”