Hiya folks.

Feanor

Hiya folks.

#1 Post by Feanor »

Just a quick hello, John, Sweden, 40 years, budding bowyer. Got into trad weaponry via the sling. Amazing little stone age tech that. Next up is an atlatl.
Can't hunt with a bow here so quite jealous about that, but I can still make and shoot bows. Everything but field points are illegal here, #Regulationnation... :(
If it weren't for the kids I'd move.
Anyhoo, that's me.

Jose

Re: Hiya folks.

#2 Post by Jose »

Welcome John! Glad you found the site! Sorry to hear your limitations on hunting but I'm glad your still involved with traditional archery. Great people here and I think you will enjoy the various topics discussed.

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Welcome to Trad hunter!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome new friend, good to have you here.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Vaelkommen! Glad to have you here. I bet there are some terrific places to go stump shooting in your neck of the woods.

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Welcome!!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Welcome and glad to have you here.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Feanor

#8 Post by Feanor »

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. :)
You know, there are excellent places for stump shooting but living in the Stockholm area it's a long ways off or cops showing up asking "what in tarnation are you doing?" and probably get a fine for recklessness and bow destroyed. Didn't I mention regulation nation? :(
I tell ya, we have no go zones because we can't integrate immigrants worth a damn, police force still reeling from the reorganizing from hell and police quitting en masse because of it but you bet your last cent if they get a call about someone weilding a bow they'd be on me in no time flat adrenaline pumping in attack mode and I wish that was hyperbole.
I had cops on me for whittling for goodness sake. Rolled up on me practically reeking of adrenaline and this was before the stretching of the thin blue line. They calmed down after a while though so I could explain that I was just taking off the dry rot from the dead branch I collected to make a figurine for my mother in law.
You see, there's no legal length of knife you can have.
You can be charged under the knife law for a screwdriver.
Sorry for the rant, though not sorry enough to delete it. Just so you get a feel what it's like in a weaponless country. I'm not even for unregulated guns, by swedish standards, but you best hold on to them as long as possible.

White Falcon

#9 Post by White Falcon »

Welcome!

Elkman
Site Admin

#10 Post by Elkman »

Welcome to the site John.
We definitely don't want those kinds of regulations here. Some areas are worse than others.
Feanor wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:32 am Next up is an atlatl.
I want to try and make one someday myself.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “New Member Check In”