Proper Introduction

williejmj

Proper Introduction

#1 Post by williejmj »

Being a new member to Trad Hunter, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Willie aka. williejmj. I live near New Orleans, Louisiana but grew up in Pineville, Louisiana (the central part of the state). I have been shooting the bow and arrow since I was 10. I enjoyed traditional archery, but went the route of the compound bow back in 1980 when I was in Montana. I switched back to a recurve in 1989 but my shoulder started giving me problems around 2003. I have to lay off for a few years. I couldn't even pick up my small children it was so bad. Long story short, I got a crossbow (recurve limbs) so I could still shoot. Praise GOD my shoulder started healing and I've gotten rid of the crossbow and starting shooting the recurve and longbow again. It's good to be back. I really enjoy shooting. It is my therapy! I'm not the best shot but I sure do like flinging arrows. I am trying to bring others into this great sport too. It's wonderful to be able to share this blessing (traditional bowhunting) with y'all. You are in my prayers. GOD bless!!! WIllie

Graps

Re: Proper Introduction

#2 Post by Graps »

Glad to have you here and hope to see you here often. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Glad to have you1

Welcome welcome! What kind of bows are you shooting these days?
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome from Ky, glad you joined, looking forward to learning and sharing with you.

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Hey Willie,

Welcome to Tradhunter!

I have been dealing with a bad shoulder also. Hope yours will keep improving!!
Last season, after about 2 plus years of no shooting, I finally was able to start shooting one of my longbows.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome aboard, Willie! Nothing wrong with a lighter bow! I injured my shoulder by trying to be too much of a he-man and pulling a 55# recurve, and my therapy once rest and healing had occurred, was to start training with a 35# bow from my youth. Worked wonders! Thank God indeed!
BTW, if you are interested, check out the Christian Fellowship Forum (CFF) at the bottom of the index page. PM me for PW.
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#7 Post by White Falcon »

Welcome from N.E. TX.

dhaverstick

#8 Post by dhaverstick »

Welcome to the forum, Willie! I'm from southwest Missouri near Springfield.

Darren

williejmj

#9 Post by williejmj »

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I am looking forward to getting to know you as well and swapping stories and such. It's great to have people from all around the country with different hunting experiences to share in this forum. I was finally able to arrow a deer with my recurve two seasons ago. My buddy told me "It's about time. It only took you 58 years to get it done." Did I mention that I was a little slow. Anyhow what was a blast! After shooting this 6-point, I gave my recurve to my son and got a take-down longbow (50 lb. Blackhunter). It is a great handling bow at a very reasonable price! It is my first venture with a longbow. I even have my sights on trying to build a longbow with Kenny's Custom Archery plans. I am interested in the Christian Fellowship forum too. We're having some beautiful spring weather in south Louisiana now and I think I'm going to take advantage of it and go fling a few arrows. I guess I am kind of rambling along, but I'm trying to answer your questions in one post. GOD bless!!! Willie

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

I think you are going to fit in here nicely. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “New Member Check In”