First Post On This Forum

wi-bo-hunter

First Post On This Forum

#1 Post by wi-bo-hunter »

Hello to all - new member here and this is my first post. Just heard about this forum site very recently and thought I would join. Here's a bit about myself: I'm 75 years old and have been bowhunting and involved in archery since I was a kid. I first bowhunted for deer at age 12 in 1957 and have bowhunted every year since then. Spent 6 years in USMC ('65 - '71) and always took my leave in the fall to come home to bowhunt in Wisconsin. Today I shoot a longbow, a recurve, and a compound. A long time ago I used to be a bit competitive on the shooting line but no more,...now just want to be able to kill a deer each fall. I'm interested in collecting (somewhat) old archery tackle, outdoors writing, WI bowhunting history, and working to assist my state bowhunters organization promote and preserve bowhunting. Hope to get to know some of you, exchange ideas, and talk on this forum. wi-bo-hunter

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: First Post On This Forum

#2 Post by Elkman »

Welcome from Corvallis Montana and thank you for your service. I hope you enjoy Tradhunter, we are glad to have you here.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Hi, good for you still hunting at 75 with archery equipment. You will probably be a great resource yourself here. I think we all enjoy swapping archery and hunting stories that are both current and past. Glad to have you with us. I'm from Central Illinois and used to shoot with some folks from your state, but from the southern part of the state who would come down to Blackhawk Field Archers just below Beloit, Wisc in Illinois.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome from Kentucky, glad to have you, hope to hear some good hunting stories.

Hill billy

#5 Post by Hill billy »

Welcome from Arkansas. Always good to have new company :)

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Another welcome from the Flatlander State (Illinois!) Glad to see you here! Make yourself at home and join us at the campfire!
Aim small, miss small!

EWill

#7 Post by EWill »

Welcome from Oklahoma. I'm guessing we will be learning a few things from you. Look forward to your posts.
Also, thank you for your service.

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Welcome from the bayou.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

White Falcon

#9 Post by White Falcon »

Welcome from N.E. TX.

Return to “New Member Check In”