Old guy- newbie

Stykbender+1

Old guy- newbie

#1 Post by Stykbender+1 »

First recurve back in late ‘60s and hooked since! Old RobinHood with Richard Greene and Fred Bear shooting pheasants with a bow! Bowhunter only 1980-2010. Finally got to hunt elk in’95 and as brother-in-law says” deer hunted to test Elk gear”! Shot a compound a few times but just not for me. Carried a rifle for deer when Mississippi rain drove me into box stands.
Now just wait for better bow weather and stick to the bow! Been shooting longbows last 15 years as my recurves passed to my son and nephew and I did thin the herd and went to lighter weights. Just can’t pull the 70#ers now. Waiting for a Fox ‘Breed’ as my future go-to. Wood arrows and 2 blade broad heads.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Old guy- newbie

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. A lot of us...umm, "older folks"... :? have taken to shooting lighter bows and do just fine (or even better) with them. I'm down to 45# and no apologies for it either. ;)
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#3 Post by Elkman »

Welcome from Corvallis, MT here in Ravalli county in the western part of the state.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome from another “Old guy” shooting lower weight bows and still trying to enjoy it. :mrgreen:

Return to “New Member Check In”