Practice Ideas

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Practice Ideas

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

The thing that eludes me the most is picking a tiny spot! Ole Byron says the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a beach ball. I spend too much time shooting at a bullseye, dot, apple, etc, rather than learning to pick a spot on a blank target where there is no markings. Having something there in my target like a pine cone gives me something to shoot at and is much easier and tells the story much better. Having no spot except the one picked in your mind help train us at picking a spot. Don't we all hit the small targets better, if we learn to focus on a spot it shouldn't matter, but it does for me. Even on a blank canvas after a few shots I catch myself using holes from previous shots or even arrows from first shots. The problem is that Ky deer don't come with a bullseye, dot, pine cone, or arrow holes! :lol: :oops: If any of you have mastered this please help me! :lol:

Return to “Practice/Training”