Legal shooting light

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Legal shooting light

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have been known to stay in a tree till long after dark. Not that I could or would shoot but because I could hear deer walking around and didn't want to spook them. I do like practicing in low light, would love to try the reflective tacks or candle. Good point Charles on the deep woods verses open field hunting, gets dark much sooner under in thick cover.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:I have been known to stay in a tree till long after dark.
Around here that would get you busted for sure. CO's will even wait for you in the parking lot to see if you are breaking the time limit laws.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

Captainkirk wrote:
Carpdaddy wrote:I have been known to stay in a tree till long after dark.
Around here that would get you busted for sure. CO's will even wait for you in the parking lot to see if you are breaking the time limit laws.
We can stay all night in a treestand and be ready for the morning hunt if we want, just can't shoot. Not that I ever had the desire to do so. :lol: :shock:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: We can stay all night in a treestand and be ready for the morning hunt if we want, just can't shoot. Not that I ever had the desire to do so. :lol: :shock:
Seriously? :shock:
A co-worker of mine told the tale of how him and his brother-in-law climbed down from their stands and walked back to his truck to find the game warden sitting on the tailgate.
Fined them for:
*hunting after legal time limit (took 'em over a half-hour to walk back to the truck)
*carrying "uncased weapons" (Compound bows) He saw the cases in the back of the truck..."Gotcha!"
*having arrows in their bow quivers (now where are you supposed to stick 'em...wait; don't answer that!)
*vehicle parked in a PHL parking lot after sunset
His fines totaled over $375.00 and his bow was confiscated until after the hearing. Warden admitted he was messing with them both...to "teach them a lesson". Yep, that's passing on the hunting tradition.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#15 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wow Jason; I'm glad they are not that strict around here, that's a strange law that won't let you carry a bow out with arrows in the quiver. I'm imagining one of those times where I took a deer just before dark, called it in from where it fell, then deboned it there, and carried just the meat out in two gallon freezer bags! They would be waiting a while on me!! All legal as long as I have a confirmation number proving it had been checked in. :idea: What happens when you shoot one late but still in legal shooting light but have one of those long and late tracking jobs? Surely they could understand?

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Psssst....thats Kirk Tony...

In our neck of the woods its a lot like Tonys. No crazy rules like Illinois.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hum; I looked back and I guess your right. :oops: Opps! Wherever it is I'm sure glad it's not that way here. 8-)

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

According to Tom (my former co-worker), this guy had been dogging him and his BIL for some time, trying to catch them in the act...of "something". Finding nothing, he used the laws on the books to fabricate a false story and nailed them with it. And this took place in Wisconsin, not Illinois.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#19 Post by Shadowhntr »

Wisconsin...Illinois....whats the difference, both are lib ran. What a joke.

See around here, that would have ended up in court, with the C.O. likely in trouble. Getting something like that to stick would be virtually impossible here. With things as they are here, its hard enough to get legitimate offenses to stick.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#20 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:Wisconsin...Illinois....whats the difference, both are lib ran. What a joke.

See around here, that would have ended up in court, with the C.O. likely in trouble. Getting something like that to stick would be virtually impossible here. With things as they are here, its hard enough to get legitimate offenses to stick.
No argument outta me. Around here, hunting is viewed as a "pretty please" rather than a normal manly activity. Libtards got everyone running so scared of lawsuits they're afraid to say yes to anything.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”