Green Apple season opens again in Ky

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Green Apple season opens again in Ky

#46 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: Yep Jose; there is a ignore the off arrows in any direction! :lol:
Jason: The ShadowCarp developed a place in the loop that looked like it wanted to break so I rested it. But late this evening I made it a new one, finished it just in time to test it and fling a few as darkness fell. Walking around 20-22 yards trying to make out the green object I was surprised to walk up on this. Another one bites the dust!

Mohawk

#47 Post by Mohawk »

I would imagine there are days when lil green apple hunting is aggravating! There are times when I'm lucky to keep a group tight enough to remember what spot I was looking at while shooting. That's when I play the "ignore em all" card.

Jose

#48 Post by Jose »

That is some great shooting CD! One thing I changed to improve my shooting was got a bigger target. Now I can finally keep my shots all in!!... :lol: .... seriously though you should be very pleased. That is a small target your shooting at and you have tight groups. There will be no deer safe around you this fall!!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#49 Post by Carpdaddy »

The deer are safe as Mothers arms!! :lol: I have some good days and a few good shots but am still struggling with a premature release. Still having several "ignore that one" arrows. :oops: Jason's advice on letting down without shooting helps but I keep going back to it. My biggest shooting tip would be... know when to take pictures and when not too!

Shadowhntr

#50 Post by Shadowhntr »

Lol! That's still great shooting Tony! I know how long it takes me to make an apple hit at 20 yards...let alone 22 or 25! Darn good shooting right there!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#51 Post by Carpdaddy »

Today's goal; kill an apple at 30 yards! Five rounds of five arrows each in the effort, no warm up or no arrow shot from any other distance. Can you say FAIL!! :lol: :lol: Here is how it actually went down, no skipped pictures. This is for those of you who think I'm a good shot! :lol: First shot of the day at thirty, started good anyhow..
Then the remaining four.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#52 Post by Carpdaddy »

Round two, I'm going the wrong way! :lol: :oops:
Round three... Find them if you can!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#53 Post by Carpdaddy »

Round four, look closely.
Final effort, I quit when last arrow hit the dirt!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#54 Post by Carpdaddy »

There is something very comical in these pictures that I have been waiting for someone to ask about, it's been there before without notice either. I'm waiting... :lol: :mrgreen:

Shadowhntr

#55 Post by Shadowhntr »

For 30 yards with a 40lb bow....still not bad in my book!

Hmmmm....are those your undies sticking out of that rag target?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Practice/Training”