A short drive on an endless road.

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Longtrad

Re: A short drive on an endless road.

#11 Post by Longtrad »

If you are working on just 1 element of your shooting many people will advise to take aiming out of the equation, I think this is where the term blind bale comes into play. It it so hard to not try and hit a target while shooting (at least for me) that is sometimes overtakes all other aspects of the shot sequence. You might try shooting at a very large target with no marks on it or even moving up so close to your target you no longer even need to aim to hit it and might even close your eyes, focus entirely on the release and follow through.

I am sure this is an old idea most already know, just thought I would put it out there anyways, sometimes the hardest thing for me is to try and take things 1 at a time when it comes to shooting the bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: A short drive on an endless road.

#12 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good advice but unfortunately my "large target" is a feed sack about the size of a deer body, trying to focus on something or blind bail shooting could get ugly. :lol: :oops: :oops: But I do get the idea and am trying to focus on release mostly right now.

Return to “Practice/Training”