Couldn't stand it no mo'...

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Couldn't stand it no mo'...

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

Yeah, well...no BBQ tonight. Once you "break the law" ( :lol: ) it's easy to continue your life of crime. :?
So, yeah...shot a dozen or so more tonight. If I could get that target bag to shut his big yap I woulda shot more. You can hear that thing probably halfway down the block, like when a girl slaps your face in the school cafeteria... 8-)
Not lookin' for trouble but I don't want to flag it down, either. :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#12 Post by Longtrad »

every man should be allowed to shoot arrows in their own back yard,

crazy idea here, but what about hanging your bag target inside your tool shed? then any stays would be contained within the shed, might cut down on the noise as well.

probably wouldn't be the best idea if your shed has a lot of stuff in it though.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

Something scary about the thought of shooting inside! :shock:
For what it's worth... I can't shoot in my yard either, I walk across the street and shoot behind my neighbors house. There are several elder ladies around me that worry too much if they can see me! :D

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Well...
1) I don't have a shed
2) Thinking about constructing a dandy little backstop, would definitely contain any wayward arrows (got it all planned out) but...there's still that li'l "ordinance" thing to work around. :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, ordinance or not... :? a couple things are apparent. First, the time off has not been that kind to me. Still hitting where I'm aiming, sorta, but not busting any nocks, if you get my drift. In past threads/polls I've stated my max hunting distance to be 25 yards with under 20 preferred.
After last night's session, I have re-evaluated that and altered it to 18yards max, under 15 preferred. That's about where I started out. Shooting at least weekly is pretty much a 'must' for any trad hunter, IMHO. Oh, and people oughta mind their own bid'ness. Just sayin'...
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#16 Post by stumper »

Well.... against the law here....but with a cop car parked out front, I havent received a complaint. I cant figure out why :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

dahyer wrote:Well.... against the law here....but with a cop car parked out front, I havent received a complaint. I cant figure out why :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL! You must not have nosy neighbors!
You know, I shot one from 25+ last night...with a field point...that bounced off the plastic burlap. I kid you not.
Big difference between that and my son's 330fps compound. If one of my arrows hit the border fence I doubt it would even stick, much less penetrate.
Someone had made a comment before about shooting Bunny Busters, but I would think they would tend to skip rather than stick in the grass making them more of a hazard. I also don't think it would buy you out of a violation either.
"Backyard archery" used to be promoted as a healthy family activity when I was a kid. Nowadays there's probably an ordinance against sneezing outside without a germ-killing hanky. :roll:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”