any one ever try a clicker?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Graps

Re: any one ever try a clicker?

#16 Post by Graps »

Never tried one. I always figured they would be worthless in a hunting situation where you are twisted around to make a shot.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Arcuites

#17 Post by Arcuites »

My new, "old" bearcat came with one. Maybe I didn't give enough time, but got rid of it after a couple sessions. Love the concept, but for me it was a distraction from trying to build muscle memory, which I know is the intent of the device. But hey, that's just me, and the great thing about trad archery and what works for each individual (See, I'm learning Capt'n!)

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#18 Post by Carpdaddy »

Everyone is different. I felt that it helped me develop muscle memory early in my Trad shooting.

Longtrad

#19 Post by Longtrad »

I think everyone should at least give the clicker a try, its a pretty eye opening tool that is easy to use and easy to remove if you get tired of it. I ended up braiding 3 different 3 strand bundles of bcy-x into a string for the clicker. this had enough heft and stiffness to not get tangled up in itself.

I like to to keep one on a bow for practice but I also like to have a bow without the clicker for more free range fun type shooting. I think it if you commit to one for a little while it will change the way you think about your draw.

Return to “Practice/Training”