Oh my...Lars is at it again

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Shadowhntr

Oh my...Lars is at it again

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

In the past I've personally taken issue with much Mr Anderson subscribes to in "archery". I will say one thing....he is entertaining...lol! This video shows some shooting and technique that I have a ton of questions about. Watch it, and give your assessment and thoughts below.

https://youtu.be/qc_z4a00cCQ
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Jose

Re: Oh my...Lars is at it again

#2 Post by Jose »

Don't even know what to say......

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

It's ok to critic the man's style or praise it either way. I'm not advocating disrespecting him as a person
..but rather comments about what his message is.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Jose

#5 Post by Jose »

Pretty cool to watch but not a shooting style I would adopt for myself. I have enough problems with inconsistency on form, anchor, etc. That combination with me would be a disaster beyond repair. But again, it's cool to watch. Didn't know arrows could do that.

Mohawk

#6 Post by Mohawk »

:? I'm thinking that wouldn't be a hunting application since there's no way that arrow will hit straight on and penetrate that well. Kind of impressive how he's making that arrow act though.

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Mohawk wrote::? I'm thinking that wouldn't be a hunting application since there's no way that arrow will hit straight on and penetrate that well. Kind of impressive how he's making that arrow act though.
What if you wanted to shoot the 10 point behind the doe that refused to move??? :mrgreen:
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

dahyer wrote:
Mohawk wrote::? I'm thinking that wouldn't be a hunting application since there's no way that arrow will hit straight on and penetrate that well. Kind of impressive how he's making that arrow act though.
What if you wanted to shoot the 10 point behind the doe that refused to move??? :mrgreen:
Yea; and what about all those times that the Deer stopped with its vitals right behind a tree! :lol: :lol: That feller needs to get some properly spined Arrows. :roll:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Impressive and amazing...but little practical use. What I'm seeing from Lars is all David Copperfield. If you take it at face value, great. If you try to utilize these techniques in the field...you are treading on thin ice.
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

Sometimes my arrows do that but not on purpose. Especially when I start bare shafting and they zip around the target into the grass to never be seen again.

That is pretty amazing stuff though. Is it just the nock height change that does it? Seems to be pretty consists at being able to manipulate that arrow.

Return to “Practice/Training”