Practicing tough shots

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Practicing tough shots

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

Amen: you told her the truth there!!

J. Holden

#12 Post by J. Holden »

All joking aside I think that's a great idea. A phrase I heard in the Army and still to this day from time to time at work is "Practice like you fight, fight like you practice".

Now we're not fighting but it's still a life and death game we're engaging in. We owe it to ourselves and the animals and practice till we can't get it wrong.

Jeremy

cap4382

#13 Post by cap4382 »

Nice shooting Nate! I'm jealous of your indoor range.

I love taking those type of shots at my club range. We don't really have any marked shooting stakes, so we flip a coin as to who gets first shot and pick whatever shot we want. More often than not its thru branches, or requires some flexibility to make the shot. Keeps things interesting and is definitely good practice. Also helps put the pressure on when you've got 3 or 4 other guys ribbing you during the shot. Our shots typically range from 5-50yds.

Shooting thru obstructions horizontally is also one thing, take some long shots and you'll learn real quick to not forget that theirs also vertically as well. Teaches you to pay attention to your arrows trajectory. Helps me anyways.

No matter what, it's good practice.

Crazynate

#14 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks guys. Good tips. Trajectory is a funny thing. Once we learn it the game is to try and not forget it lol.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

stumper

#15 Post by stumper »

That’s awesome!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Practice/Training”