Blasphemy?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Blasphemy?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

I know this may be blasphemy to some trad archers...feels like it to me, anyway...but a thought did occur to me.
As some of you know, my first bow purchase was a Samick Sage takedown, 55# @ 28", 62"AMO, it has all the threaded inserts in all the right places. I shot it way too much and injured my shoulder, elbow tendons and wrist tendons which took a month of Sundays to recover from, and realize I ain't no spring chicken, and while 55# would be fine for hunting, or flinging an occasional pointy stick, I am much better suited to my 45#-and-under bows. So, long story short; I haven't shot the Sage in a while.
Here's the thing though...for curiosity's sake, I was wondering how the Sage would shoot with some lighter limbs, an elevated rest with tuneable plunger, perhaps a bow sight, stabilizer, fine-tuned carbon arrows and other magic gee-gaws?
Naturally, this goes totally against the grain of my minimalist, spartan nature (less=more), but maybe, just maybe, my instinctive shooting might improve if part of the year was spent training with a finely-tuned bow taking advantage of some of the features available to ILF and target shooters?
Or am I nuts?
What say you, men?
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Blasphemy?

#2 Post by stumper »

I say go for it.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Who knows...maybe I can even try 3-under again with it. :shock:

Nice thing about threaded inserts...if I don't like it, I can revert to barebow again in seconds.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Well you are nuts; but that’s beside the point, and not necessarily related to this! :lol: :mrgreen: Its your bow, it’s an extra your not using, why not satisfy your curiosity. I also say go for it. I may blow the Trad whistle but only in fun.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Would be fun to see if the gizmos made your groups shrink any. It's still a stickbow after all so I say your good

Jose

#6 Post by Jose »

You never know......you can always set it aside later should you choose

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

What does your mentality have to do with archery?
Sometimes the voices have a good idea.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#8 Post by Crazynate »

I say try it
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:What does your mentality have to do with archery?
Sometimes the voices have a good idea.
That's what Son of Sam said. Didn't work out so well for him...
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#10 Post by Shadowhntr »

Up to you Kirk....as far as I know I ain't read any rule against it in the "Trad Book"... :lol: ...'course I dont think it talks about building houses in it either!

I'm going to go one step further and buy a cheap mag riser bow with the inserts and elevated rest. Mine is going to wreak havoc on fish!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Practice/Training”