Fun with broadheads

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Shadowhntr

Re: Fun with broadheads

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Thats a fact Captain....

I know, like you said...its all through hunting....and also fishing. Since my childhood days Ive used a handful of lures and equipment to cover the needs to keep us in all the fish fillets we can eat. Im pretty sure Ive got the smallest tackle box on the water at any given moment or close. Simple, old, and cheap ideas that have been around for years and years. Worked then, work now. They say 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish taken. Well, I submit that the other 90% of fishermen who do little catching from lack of understanding also get hooked by the industry.... right in the seat of their pants and right around the wallet area.

It's sad...I mean I guess it's the American right to make money which I'm all for. But all facets of the outdoor sporting realm feed off those who struggle with success. By struggle with sucess, I mean those who lack knowledge or understanding (maturity) and those who crave prideful fame and aren't getting it. (I don't imply that not scoring any target creature, puts one automatically into these categories, not true). But the industry preys upon them and their NEED to score. They feed them bait in the form of sports shows, "proving" they NEED their product to increase the chances of a score, when actually all they really need is education and attitude change.

If they'd really think about it...as you suggested captain, the old timers didn't even have much of what's offered now, yet they scored and scored often....like Fred Bear did. No, what's missing today isn't more and more modern products being offered, what's missing is commitment to the art of outdoorsmanship, and a huge dose of reality.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Fun with broadheads

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

You said a mouthful of what I was thinkin', Jase.
This is so true all across the industry. From the way the TV shows are jumping up & down about the 6.5 Creedmoor, you'd think nobody ever took a deer with a .30-30 before. Same goes for compound bows. Nothing against them, but they just don't suit my hunting style any more. Maybe part of it is that I no longer care if I tag out...I'm there for the love of the sport (trad hunting) and the outdoor experience. A filled tag is just syrup on my pancakes.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”