How many?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
stumper

Re: How many?

#11 Post by stumper »

I am finally getting it in. I always love to have backups and am glad to finally have a backup for my widow maker. When I get back in town, will and I are going stumping for some Range practice. Season is right around the corner and I am excited.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Greg Felty

#12 Post by Greg Felty »

Back home from vacation. I will start shooting again tomorrow.I am still trying to figure out which bow I am going to hunt with. Or I should say what bow I am going to carry out to the stand with me. :lol:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:57 pm Back home from vacation. I will start shooting again tomorrow.I am still trying to figure out which bow I am going to hunt with. Or I should say what bow I am going to carry out to the stand with me. :lol:
Now that's the voice of experience speaking!
Aim small, miss small!

Donnie

#14 Post by Donnie »

For many, many, MANY years now... I have shot almost every day. It has always been my way to unwind from work... and I just love it. But.... last October 23rd... my mother passed away... and my Wife and I got the house. (This is the house that I was raised in... up on the McKenzie River, here in Oregon.)

My mom and dad never really kept up on the place... and so since about January... we have been living here waiting for "Probate" to complete... and working on the house! (Just got a new roof!!!! Plywood and all!) I have not shot my Blacktail Recurve since January.... and Oregon's general Archery season starts in a little over a month. I'm feeling as though I COULD get enough practice in if I started now... but all I have been doing lately is working on this house. (Should be installing new windows in about a week or so... then will be painting the house!)

I guess we will see........................................

Respectfully,

Donnie
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Graps

#15 Post by Graps »

Hopefully you get caught up with yourself and get back to your shooting.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#16 Post by White Falcon »

It will be worth your time in the long run!

Lowcountry

#17 Post by Lowcountry »

Once you get back to shooting, I bet you'll find that you don't need too much practice to "get back".

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

Lowcountry wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:14 pm Once you get back to shooting, I bet you'll find that you don't need too much practice to "get back".
Yep, that muscle memory will kick in. ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

But don't wait TOO long! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Donnie

#20 Post by Donnie »

To All,

Hee!... Hee!... This post has been a "Long Time Coming!"

Yes.... it will be worth it all when its done! In fact.... the reason I am sitting down and typing is because we are so close to being done.... that my wife and I actually have time to slow down!!! And as for me.... I am taking a few minutes to try to catch up on my reading and she how everybody is doing!

As far as the house.... WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!!! The plumbing is done.... the electrical is done... the sheet rock and texturing is done.... (my wife and I are painting today!) and the laminate flooring is scheduled to be installed on January 2nd!!!!

As far as other things are concerned.... I HAVE been shooting "a little". Actually.... I am now coaching an archery class (as an elective) at my daughters High School! I would love to share it with you guys if you would like! I missed hunting season all together this year.... I saw some really nice Blacktail Bucks running around... but all I have been doing is working on this house and coaching archery!

How about everyone else??? I would love to hear from ya!

Respectfully,

Donnie
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Return to “Practice/Training”