How Many Bows?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!

How many bows do you shoot with regularly?

15%
2-4
62%
5-7
15%
More than 8
8%

Total votes: 13

Captainkirk
Site Admin

How Many Bows?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

How many bows do you shoot with on a regular basis? I'm sure every one has a favorite go-to or two, but do you have any that never seem to get shot in favor of others? Do you rotate so every one gets a turn, or do you only own one bow and concentrate on shooting that?
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: How Many Bows?

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Well apparently I am still asleep, I did not read properly! I just got how many bows, missed the “shoot regularly” so my vote should have been 2-4 rather than over 8. Oh well, back to the coffee pot!

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

I have been rotating between my Blacktail Elite, Pearson Cougar and Hoyt Sky Hawk.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

As far as a regular basis thing for hunting purposes, I subscribe to the 1 bow thing. I own 4 trad bows now, down from 6. I shoot the one bow 98% of the time, and my backup bow 2%. The other 2 get dusted off and inspected about 2 times a year and hung back up. If I were just target shooting I'd likely move them around a little more.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

I am struggling right now trying to decide what to hunt with after the failure of my go to bow! Been shooting several but now fully content. The last bow I built is the one I shoot the best, but it is longer, heavier, and bulkier in riser. Great for shoots but I want lighter and shorter for hunting. So I placed an order yesterday from my bow material supplier, there is about to be another Carp around here!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 am I am struggling right now trying to decide what to hunt with after the failure of my go to bow! Been shooting several but now fully content. The last bow I built is the one I shoot the best, but it is longer, heavier, and bulkier in riser. Great for shoots but I want lighter and shorter for hunting. So I placed an order yesterday from my bow material supplier, there is about to be another Carp around here!
Yay!!! I love a good bow build! :D
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Rotating widow maker,cardiac arrest,slick stick, and new to me tiger cat (that is now set up). For this hunting season depending on when a hypertension makes its way to me, I’ll be shooting just the widow maker and tigercat as backup.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

I have my 3 favorite bows and shoot them all here and there. Although the black hunter is getting the most use lately. I think a good chunk of that is because I'm not afraid to get a few scratches on it.

Graps

#9 Post by Graps »

Have to show them all attention once in awhile.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

joe harrod1945

#10 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I have 7 on a regular basis.3 more often.Right handed 3.left handed 4.I can not see any difference in my shooting.But the left handed bows feels more natural.I am right eye dominate.But i should use right handed bow for distance.I would love to get a left handed longbow. :shock:

Return to “Practice/Training”