Um, like...duh!

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Um, like...duh!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, did not manage to squeeze in any shooting either Saturday or Sunday evening (family stuff) so with the sun blazing in a clear blue sky this evening, I made it my point to stop my yard work about an hour before sundown, put away my shovels and rakes and implements of destruction (nod to Arlo there :D ) and drag out the bow and tackle.
I was shooting the K-mag so all was going pretty good. After a while I noticed my groups got really tight, then started to spread. A little at first, then a little more. Coincidentally, I also noticed a little pain and fatigue in my left bicep, and upper back muscles. When I finally called it quits I was having a little trouble holding steady at full draw so I packed it in. When I came in the house, I happened to glance at the clock and saw I'd been shooting non-stop for over an hour. That must have been well over a hundred arrows...doofus! :shock: :oops:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

Re: Um, like...duh!

#2 Post by Graps »

;) Yep, I've done stuff like that, buy the time you figure out you have done too much, you have done too much. :lol:
Hay, Aleve........
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Love it! Usually the heat drives me in before fatigue.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Old age is a bummer! I usually shoot less than 20 arrows on each outing. :|

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm Yep, I've done stuff like that, buy the time you figure out you have done too much, you have done too much.
Good way of putting it... :oops:
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm Love it! Usually the heat drives me in before fatigue.
That's why I try to shoot in the evenings just before the sun goes down. That, and the fact that there aren't as many people out in their yards at that time.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 am Old age is a bummer! I usually shoot less than 20 arrows on each outing. :|
I'm usually good with 15-20 minutes. But when it's quiet, no skeeters and all systems go, you just want to carry on.
Nothing gets my head clearer than flinging a bunch of arrows.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am
Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 am Nothing gets my head clearer than flinging a bunch of arrows.
With you on that one!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

On a good session where all goes well cap,100 shots is around my norm when I'm in good shape
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:28 pm ... when I'm in good shape
Always a kicker, isn't there... 8-) :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”