What's do you do to keep in shape?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Grizzly

Re: What's do you do to keep in shape?

#16 Post by Grizzly »

Thanks for the well-wishes. Already, after only one day, I can feel a difference. The sharp, shooting pains are now much duller and movement isn't quite so limited. Now to follow Doctor's orders and not try to work it too soon. I seem to have a house full of folks who keep reminding me to wear the sling. I can only imagine what a dog feels like with one of those crazy funnels around his head. :cry:

Capt, I used to pride myself in getting to my stands in the dark without ever tripping or falling. Only one time, do I remember discovering a ditch in the pitch black that I didn't know was there. I'm sure there were other falls I don't remember, cause I do remember always trying to protect either the rifle or bow when I did fall. I guess that strolling around the neighborhood doesn't bring out that same awareness of being quiet, stealthy and paying attention to where your feet are going.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Hydropottimus

#17 Post by Hydropottimus »

I hit the gym 4 days a week to lift with my girlfriend at 4:45 in the morning. I go again myself two days a week to double up on legs, chest, and back. Then I do resistance bands at least twice a week with my kids to help develop their back and shoulder muscles. Also if I ever wear my fitbit I average about 8 miles a day 6 days a week at work. It seems like a lot on paper but staying busy and physically fit helps with my recovery as I'm just over 2 years sober and my only hobbies are fitness, archery, and woodworking. And the only one I'm not a total beginner at is fitness.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Congrats on two years...that's an amazingly good thing and thanks for sharing with us! I give you props on your diligence at the gym as well. I really need to get back to a regulated schedule but my weird work schedule wreaks havoc on any kind of normalcy for the most part.
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#19 Post by Elkman »

Michael, that's awesome!
I am also a woodworker. I have been doing cabinets for 20 some years now.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#20 Post by Captainkirk »

Elkman wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:11 pm Michael, that's awesome!
I am also a woodworker. I have been doing cabinets for 20 some years now.
:? ....so he leaves out the part where he builds killer bows
:shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Lowcountry

#21 Post by Lowcountry »

James - Look up F3 Nation. I don't know what presence F3 has in Kansas, but it is worth checking out. I've been actively working out with my local F3 group, and I am really getting back into shape. I've lost some pounds, which is great, but I've really increased my stamina. We meet early in the morning at local public places, and do a lot of basic exercises like jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, jogging, etc., in a 45 minute total workout. It is fun, free, no pressure, and I guarantee is good for you. Check it out.

Return to “Practice/Training”