Another bow on the way

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Jamesh76

Another bow on the way

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

Been reading alot on these bows for the last few months. I plan on doing a full review on this when I receive it in a few weeks. Going to order a new quiver for it and maybe some 1816 shafts. I ordered the 40# version. https://www.mandarinduck.net/product/bl ... ight-hand/ stay tuned.

White Falcon

Re: Another bow on the way

#2 Post by White Falcon »

Looks like the Galaxy Ember . First 10 shots when I got this bow at 20 yds.
Attachments
DSCN8603.JPG
DSCN8603.JPG (89.82 KiB) Viewed 346 times

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Don't you love that new bow smell 8-)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Jamesh76

#4 Post by Jamesh76 »

White Falcon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:20 pm Looks like the Galaxy Ember . First 10 shots when I got this bow at 20 yds.
exact same bow. What is your specs and arrow set up?

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I think Longtrad has a Black hunter. Not sure of poundage but if I'm remembering right he liked his quite a bit. Maybe he'll chime in here...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#6 Post by Longtrad »

I do! I also ordered a 40 pounder. I personally love mine, grip feels very nice and bow shoots wonderfully, good speed and zero shock. a real pleasure to practice with. it's cut 1/8th past center so you have a lot of room to play with arrow spines, the riser is a nice sturdy chunk of diamondwood so you could also add quiver inserts or inserts for a fishing reel without worry about compromising strength.

I put a new ff string on it and took some steel wool to the cheesy black hunter label.

the only negative is that the tip ends on mine looked like they were ground down in a hurry, the string groves are just fine but the ends of the tips are slightly crooked. Nothing I couldn't fix with some sandpaper, but since it is only aesthetic I have just left it alone.

I would buy another one in a heart beat if I needed a bow.

Jamesh76

#7 Post by Jamesh76 »

I have debated on drilling riser for a side mount quiver when I get it. Might just try a strap on quiver first. I have heard 1 bad review on these through my research.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Ive got a bolt on quiver on mine.

I guess it would be odd if there were no bad reviews, i bet there are some lemons out there as well.

I have also read the bamboo limbs are more liked than the older maple limbs. Mine has boo

Jamesh76

#9 Post by Jamesh76 »

Can ya post a pic of quiver? I been looking at them. Really up in the air.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

So, James...tell us about how you heard about this, reviews, etc?
I've never heard of one until your post and now everyone is popping out of the woodwork, like "Oh yeah, I've got one of those!"
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”