First ever trad harvest

Big Game not the only game in town? Talk about hunting medium and small game here!
stumper

Re: First ever trad harvest

#16 Post by stumper »

Thanks everyone. Really good to see the fruit of practice paying off. I have to say that thanks to the information/encouragement on this site my shooting has become 100 percent more consistent. Loving the trad life
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

THAT.....is sweet music in my ears.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Dave, I say this in all honesty; a squirrel trad kill is no easy chore. I put it as much more difficult than a deer kill from a stand, and they are zippety-fast too. I can't tell you how many bushytails I've shot at with wheelie gear that were halfway up a tree before the arrow struck where they USED to be. Just because the game is small doesn't mean the accomplishment is.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#19 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote:Dave, I say this in all honesty; a squirrel trad kill is no easy chore. I put it as much more difficult than a deer kill from a stand, and they are zippety-fast too. I can't tell you how many bushytails I've shot at with wheelie gear that were halfway up a tree before the arrow struck where they USED to be. Just because the game is small doesn't mean the accomplishment is.
Thanks Kirk!! I have only shot one arrow at game this year... So for now I'm 100 percent :lol:
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Medium and Small Game Hunting”