Carpy Christmas bow give away

Announcements for Great hunts, Traditional Bows and Hunting Gear Giveaways
Forum rules
You must be over the age of 18 to be in hunt draws. If you win a hunt or a Traditional bow you are not eligible to win that category prize again for one year. Good luck.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Carpy Christmas bow give away

#16 Post by Carpdaddy »

Folks around here have been good to me, some known and some not. I am thankful to be a part of this group. I wouldn’t want the liability of selling my bows. They are not high quality, fancy, or valuable, just knock arounds. I’m learning though as I build. Mine are not anything close to the bows most of you already have. But this is a way to say thanks for the many friends I have here. And by the way; your in Shadow!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

graps wrote:What right dies a person have to deny another person a blessing?
This was told to me by a pastor many years ago while talking about someone helping me out.
Very good point.
Right on target! I learned this the hard way many years ago. I was Pastor at a Church but also still a mine Forman. I was probably making more money then than any man in the Church so for years I refused to accept anything from them. One day in a meeting with the deacon board one of them said to me: Pastor; you are robbing this Church of a blessing. I was stunned for a moment, then he went on to explain. He said folks want to give you something to help wth your expenses and to be a blessing to you, you are taking that from them. From that time until this day I accept what is offered and appreciate it. So as Graps said; you ain’t robbing me of this blessing of sharing what I do have!

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

:shock:
So Tony, I suppose I'm being a hypocrite when I say to leave me out.
And with that being said, count me in, I would love to have that shorty Hornfrog.
And the bows you make are very special and beautiful .
A lot nicer than anything I make.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

I think the real blessing here is the solid friendships we have made over the last few years!
Aim small, miss small!

USMC4life

#20 Post by USMC4life »

Hey carpdaddy that’s a mighty fine looking bow there! Thanks for your generosity and giving us hooligans a chance at her! Crossing my fingers for a win!
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
- Ned Dolan

Longtrad

#21 Post by Longtrad »

Oh wow, that is mighty kind of you Tony! I think we all have been hoping for a chance to one day be able to shoot one of your bows after watching the build a longs. Count me in, and thank you!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#22 Post by Carpdaddy »

Now the chances are spreading out a little more. Thanks for putting your name in Shadow and Graps, I was feeling like my Church members did when I refused their gift! Hard to look at things you guys have given me and not have an opportunity to give you something in return even though you expected nothing.
I hope this also to be a tool to get some non active members to start hanging around again.

Mohawk

#23 Post by Mohawk »

:shock: They sure don't look like knock arounds! I've seen the green apple season post and them bows you build shoot!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#24 Post by Carpdaddy »

Kicking this one back up again just in case anyone missed it. Just post something to be entered.

Shadowhntr

#25 Post by Shadowhntr »

I stickied it Tony
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Gear, Bows and Hunt Giveaways”