Jimmy Blackmon-Stringwalking

Links to members' favorite videos posted to You Tube and other social media platforms
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Jimmy Blackmon-Stringwalking

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Wonder what all the chatter is about? Jimmy breaks it down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1vNBgAn_go
Aim small, miss small!

Longbowfanatic

Re: Jimmy Blackmon-Stringwalking

#2 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Jimmy was a huge influence on my shooting form and techniques. It's not for everyone for sure, but SW'ing is A WAY, not THE WAY, to shoot a trad bow. For me, it's my way. :D

Crazynate

#3 Post by Crazynate »

I've watched his videos and even attempted some of his techniques. Gapping, fixed crawl etc. it works for some and it's a deadly technique but I'm to stuck in my instinctiv shooting to switch.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:I've watched his videos and even attempted some of his techniques. Gapping, fixed crawl etc. it works for some and it's a deadly technique but I'm to stuck in my instinctiv shooting to switch.
Me too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Aim small, miss small!

Longbowfanatic

#5 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Captainkirk wrote:
Crazynate wrote:I've watched his videos and even attempted some of his techniques. Gapping, fixed crawl etc. it works for some and it's a deadly technique but I'm to stuck in my instinctiv shooting to switch.
Me too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I admire those sho can shoot instinctively. My buddy, Jeremy, shoots that way. I've tried, but I'm horrible at it.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: :lol: I feel that same way about string walking, tried it a few times, that was all it took for me! I am quite sure that it is because I didn't try enough. It strains my edgy-cation, But I admire and take A backseat to those of you who can do it.

Return to “Video Vault”