We have a new moderator

Check in here for announcements, updates, and other forum news!
Elkman
Site Admin

We have a new moderator

#1 Post by Elkman »

Dave Hyer (stumper) has volunteered to be a moderator here on Tradhunter.

Thanks Dave!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Hill billy

Re: We have a new moderator

#2 Post by Hill billy »

Sure thing! When I get ready to complain ill hook him right up :lol: Just kidding ! Thanks Dave

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

:mrgreen: Since the subject has come up a few times I want to mention for all the newbies... My name is in red and I’m listed as a moderator, but don’t ask me to do anything moderator like, I don’t have a clue! :roll: :lol:
Don’t know who did it and don’t know how to change anything, but my name looks purdy in red! :lol: I just got a title for being an old rat in the barn round here. And that’s fine, I would help if I knew how, too old to learn!
But thanks Dave.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Congrats to you, Dave!
Now put on your work clothes 'cuz it's gonna get busy in here... :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

Thanks. You all are hilarious. Whatever I can do to help this place out.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

From Webster's Dictionary of 1828

MODERA'TOR, noun He or that which moderates or restrains. Contemplation is an excellent moderator of the passions.

1. The person who presides over a meeting or assembly of people to preserve order, propose questions, regulate the proceedings and declare the vote; as the moderator of a town meeting or of a society.

Congratulations and thank you for volunteering. I always love going to the older dictionaries. This one is nearly a 200 year old definition, but seems to still hold in this day of changing meanings for some form a new fangled correctness.

One of my favorites are the Winston Dictionaries that my Father in law used in college after WW2. They still reference Bible verses and thoughts along with the proper definition of the words. I have two of them from the 1940's.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Grizzly wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:11 am From Webster's Dictionary of 1828

MODERA'TOR, noun He or that which moderates or restrains. Contemplation is an excellent moderator of the passions.

1. The person who presides over a meeting or assembly of people to preserve order, propose questions, regulate the proceedings and declare the vote; as the moderator of a town meeting or of a society.

Congratulations and thank you for volunteering. I always love going to the older dictionaries. This one is nearly a 200 year old definition, but seems to still hold in this day of changing meanings for some form a new fangled correctness.

One of my favorites are the Winston Dictionaries that my Father in law used in college after WW2. They still reference Bible verses and thoughts along with the proper definition of the words. I have two of them from the 1940's.
Super cool! Thanks!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

👍
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Forum Announcements and Updates”