Welcome to Off-Topic Discussion!

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Welcome to Off-Topic Discussion!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

We know your life consists of more than trad archery, well for some of us...right? Fellers? :shock:
Anyway, there is now a place for that type of discussion; here! Talk about your dog, the weather, your garden, lawnmowers, music, hobbies...someone out there shares the same interests!

NOTE 1: Topics involving political debates are not allowed due to the inflammatory nature of the subject!!

NOTE 2: If this sort of non-archery stuff turns you off, then simply ignore it.

Members, feel free to PM me with suggestions for additional topics in this section!
Aim small, miss small!

Donnie

Re: Welcome to Off-Topic Discussion!

#2 Post by Donnie »

OK.... Ill post simply because nobody has replied to this thread.............

A Riddle.........

Three men are returning from the Oil Fields of Wyoming, and have been driving all night. About midnight... They realize that they are too tired to continue driving... and up ahead they see a roadside motel, and decide to get a room.

The three men go inside the motel... and ask for (3) three rooms. The young Front Desk Clerk apologizes and tells the three men that they are almost completely full... and that there is only (1) one room available... and that they would have to share. The three men weren't very happy about having to share one room... but they were too tired to continue driving through the night... so they decided to take the (1) one room and share. The desk clerk was very sorry and told them that he would have to charge them the full rate of $30.00 (thirty dollars). So... Each of the 3 men pulled out ten dollars each and gave the clerk a total of $30.00 (3 men X $10.00 each = $30.00) With that... they went to their room.

About 30 minutes later.... the Night manager walked in... and the desk clerk told him about having to charge the three men the full price of $30.00 for the one room.... and that they were forced to share the room. The Night Manager agreed that it wasn't a good situation and decided to give the three men a discount on their room!!!!

The Night Manager pulled $5.00 (Five Dollars) out of the till and told the Front Desk Clerk to go and spit the $5.00 between the 3 men............

As the Desk Clerk walked to the men's hotel room... he was puzzled as to HOW he was going to split the $5.00 between 3 men... Then he had an idea!!!!!!!! He placed 2 of the dollars in his front pocket... keeping for himself!!! Now... he can easily split $3.00 between the three men!!!!!!!!!!!

He knocked on the door, and explained to the 3 men that the Hotel was sorry for their inconvenience... and wanted to give them a discount!!!! He then gave each man 1 dollar each! So... each man has now paid only $9.00 for the room!!!!!

So.... each man has paid a total of $9.00 for the room. (3 X $9.00 is $27.00...) and the Front Desk Clerk kept $2.00 for himself.... which brings the total up to $29.00..................

Who can tell me where the missing %1.00 is???
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Donnie wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm The desk clerk was very sorry and told them that he would have to charge them the full rate of $30.00 (thirty dollars). So... Each of the 3 men pulled out ten dollars each and gave the clerk a total of $30.00 (3 men X $3.00 each = $30.00) With that... they went to their room.
Not to nitpick, Donnie...but 3 men X $3.00 each is 9 bucks. :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Donnie

#4 Post by Donnie »

Yer right!............. OK... Its fixed!!!! :mrgreen:
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Probably not the answer your looking for but here's how my mind works....

$30-$5=$25 (not $27)
$25+$3=$28
$28+$2=$30

There is no real missing money, except the $2 in the clerks pocket! It depends on what end of the money you start at..
Lol!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Donnie

#6 Post by Donnie »

You are correct! :D
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

My parents must have been drinking the night I was conceived. They were both A students. I know, I heard it from my teachers who taught them. I never could look ahead in a chess game and math was always a struggle. I'f I'd been part of NASA, instead of the moon, they would have never got off the ground if it even got built.

I ran into this video last night called, See If You Can Pass the FBI Special Agent Test

I quit half way through in frustration and admiration for a mind that can think outside of the box. I'm like a cat. I just like to curl up inside one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aZI-jukT5E&t=235s
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”