Native American Culture and Influence

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Re: Native American Culture and Influence

#16 Post by Graps »

Jason , that's why I get so frustrated with people that are all hung up with the mathematics of archery .
I'm dumbfounded when a guy is upset because his bow doesn't like the arrow that the Kanuton Mathamatizer Calculater calls for .
I want to just scream IF IT'S NOT BROAK , DON'T FIX IT !
Stop thinking about the equipment so much .
Let that 12 year old shoot for you and enjoy the flight of the arrow .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

I find this amusing because it's so true! Sure, I check my shafts for weight, spine and straightness...because I can. But when I finally checked my old painted arrows from the '60s and I find out they are 45 spine and I was shooting them out of a 35#@26 bow...and they shot great! And when Jason sends me some 60 spine shafts, I find they group better out of my 45# Griz than the supposedly 'perfect' 40/45 spine customs I had made...? What does this tell me? :shock: Back in the day, I'm sure the indigenous people chose a shaft based on straightness and availability...nothing more. Not weight, not spine, and not wood grain. Same with cane arrows ("nature's carbon")...you think these were chosen for their outstanding qualities that mirror modern carbon shaft construction? :lol: No, they were likely chosen because of lack of suitable trees. And it all worked out.
Yes, we get wrapped way too tight over details and .001 of an inch and forget the important part is between the ears of the guy with his fingers on the string. Truthfully, if there's a paper plate on the target butt and I can hit it with an arrow...I'm a pretty happy dude. :D
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

Me shoot deer two day back .
Me pace off shot , 16 pace .
Blood good , him go 67 pace .
Find in thick brush .
Sun was one hand high , me so proud , beat chest .
Two Dogs be jealous .
Squaw make plenty jirky .

Speaking of jirky........
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:
Speaking of jirky........
Got any? Yer makin' me hungry. 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#20 Post by Graps »

Do you see this fine thing? Do you admire the humanity of it? Because the human beings, my son, they believe everything is alive. Not only man and animals. But also water, earth, stone. And also the things from them... like that hair. The man from whom this hair came, he's bald on the other side, because I now own his scalp! That is the way things are. But the white man, they believe EVERYTHING is dead. Stone, earth, animals. And people! Even their own people! If things keep trying to live, white man will rub them out. That is the difference.

Graps

#21 Post by Graps »

Archer68

#22 Post by Archer68 »

Well,I'm blue eyed ,blond haired,now gray.done ancestry research.found Piscataway,Cherokee,and Shawnee cornstalk in the research.don't know how it happened,but its there.also Daniel Boones sister showed up.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”