Fireworks

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Fireworks

#1 Post by Graps »

It might be just me but, the 4th of July is just not special anymore.
When I was a kid, we looked forward to Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas, Easter, opening day of fishing season, our Birthday and the 4th of July.
The anticipation was the best part. Waiting for the 4th to get here and the waiting for it to get dark enough to light the sparklers. :D
And then the fireworks show...... :D :D :D :D
You never knew what colors or shapes were next, was it a big ball, was there going to be whistling twirling things, you just didn't know. Or that very loud BOOM! that would scare the breath out of you. :o :shock:
Now days there's fireworks all year round, at baseball games, company picnics, and here in Michigan, every weekend before and after a holiday. :evil:
Fireworks are no longer a special treat.
I'm glad I'm not a youngster growing up in todays society.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

Re: Fireworks

#2 Post by Grizzly »

I haven't been in years. It got so that I'd rather be fishing in the boat that evening. There was a time the "boom" reminded me too much of a mortar landing. While everyone else was watching the beautiful fireworks, many times I would fixate on the little trail of burning powder still coming off the tail end of the fireworks on the way up before they exploded into color. It would remind me of all the flares I sent up with my 60mm and 81mm mortars. I'd sit back and just watch the trails until finally, I'd just shake off the old memories and enjoy the color show with the kids.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

We are fortunate to have the city fireworks go off "in your face" from my brother's back yard. They launch very close to his house. He does a cook-out each 4th and then we have the fireworks show after. You can't NOT enjoy it when burning embers are raining down on your head.
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

My dad and one of his buddies would run firework stands in the summer when I was a kid. It was good quick money as the mark up on most fireworks is over 1000%. Long story short I have shot off more fireworks than most and I got kind of burnt out. I could care less about watching a firework show. My favorites were always the big firecrackers anyway :D

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

1. Ain’t got not money to blow up!
2. If we are doing something for those who fought for our freedom we would celebrate silently rather than reminding them of what they went through. As Griz already related to.
3. My dog has tried her best to run up my britches leg for several nights now!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”