New-kew-ler skeeters?

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: New-kew-ler skeeters?

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

Longtrad wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 pm I sometimes like to take a piece of bike innertube and roll it onto my riser as a grip, easy on easy off, and protects the bow from bug spray and wedding rings.
Wow...superb idea! Thanks; I will try it!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#12 Post by Grizzly »

A roll of hockey tape works also. I've even used it to build up a riser to suit my hand better. I'm not sure what makes it grip. Experiment on something first just in case there might be a nasty residue. I don't remember any, but it's been a while.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Lowcountry

#13 Post by Lowcountry »

I've always wanted to try the inner tube as a grip on my bow.

Some bug spray will absolutely mar the finish on your bow, gun stock, and even the clear coat on some car paint jobs.

Graps

#14 Post by Graps »

20180801_094132~01~01.jpg
20180801_094132~01~01.jpg (52.5 KiB) Viewed 71 times
This is the best bug repellent I have ever used.
I can't find it on any store but it's very popular in Quebec.
Works for skeeters and black flies.
You can get it on line, just search the name. My wife thinks Amazon might have it.
The nice thing about this, it doesn't smell strong or bad and it doesn't irritate my skin and I can wear it all day.
Other bug dope makes my skin burn in a very short time.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

Thanks, Graps! If it works in Quebec, oughta do the trick in Illinois!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#16 Post by Grizzly »

There is a product similar to that stateside. I used it years ago and I think they recommended it for kids because it kept the deet suspended off the skin. Now to come up with a name :oops:
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#17 Post by Grizzly »

There is a product similar to that stateside. I used it years ago and I think they recommended it for kids because it kept the deet suspended off the skin. Now to come up with a name :oops:

I think this was it. i used the lotion with deet. The packaging seems to have changed. Sawyer.

https://www.sawyerdirect.net/FAQInsectRepellent

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Yes, the Sawyer products are available at Bass Pro. That's where I got my Permethrin.
It's really kind of a PITA...when you are in the north woods or on the farm, you kind of expect to have to 'spray up' before you go outdoors. Doing so at home in the 'burbs seems like a major PITA, time-consuming, and then after shooting for 15-30 minutes, you come in and you have this stuff all over you for the rest of the evening. But if you DON'T...you come in to find itchy welts in all the places you didn't know they were nibbling on. :?
Not only that, but like Jason said, there is a very real danger these days of West Nile, encephalitis, and other 'skeeter-borne nasties.
I guess it goes with the territory.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”