The mistery of white stones.

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

The mistery of white stones.

#1 Post by Graps »

Many years ago my family was at my Aunt and Uncles house and my cousins showed us some small white stones that were smooth and slightly elongated.
They were under a tree in there yard and the tree was only about six feet or so tall.
The stones were scattered to one side of the tree not in any pattern, just kind of like if someone had a hand full and dropped them.
They said they just showed up there and they tried to crack them open with a hammer but they wouldn't break.
My Dad and Uncle were looking at them as well and just couldn't figure out what they were.
This was back in the mid 1960s and over the years I have occasionally heard people talking about the same thing.
Fast forward to the mid to late 1980s and I was heading to my back yard and low and behold under our Quince bush was the same looking stones.
I didn't count them but I would guess there were about 15 or so plus or minus. And I remembered seeing them at my Uncles house years ago.
The freaky thing about this, is every few years or so, I hear someone talking about finding small white smooth stones in there yard with no explanation.
I have found a picture that looks like the stones but the picture isn't of there kind of stones, just a close facsimile.
stones.png
stones.png (75.31 KiB) Viewed 567 times
The stones were most like the smallest one in the picture at about 45 deg up and right of the quarter.
Have any of you ever heard of or seen this before?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

Re: The mistery of white stones.

#2 Post by Lowcountry »

I have not heard of that, but it sure is interesting. Any theories? I've heard of crows collecting shiny objects, so maybe some other animal piled them there? I googled it and didn't find anything conclusive, but a couple of stories had squirrels making caches of small stones.

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Aren't chickens noted for eating gravel? I'd think maybe at some point they poop it out. I wonder if some river bird does the same thing and the acid inside bleaches the stones white. Who knows? Makes more sense than Leprechauns messing with your mind.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

I'm guessing, perhaps, raccoons? They like shiny things as well, and can carry them with their opposable thumbs. Why they would only choose small smooth white stones is beyond me, though.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

The thing is if a critter was to put them on the ground they would not be all the same and smooth and almost pure white.
That's what's freaky about it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 542 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Ancient Aliens?
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#8 Post by Grizzly »

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”