Busy morning, big meal planned for this evening

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
jaydee2trad

Busy morning, big meal planned for this evening

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Got a big huge slow cooker full of venison cooking all day. it is cooking in the drippings from a smoked brisket and brother does it smell super good right now. Also have another slow cooker full of potatoes, carrots and of course lots of onions and garlic. it also has a little bit of the brisket drippings in it. Also peeled 6 big green Granny Smith apples that I first slow cooked on the stove with butter, sugar, a touch of salt and of course, cinnamon. I cook the apples until soft and then put in pie crust to cook until browned. I also coat the top crust with melted butter and then sprinkle cinnomon sugar on it. So the house is smelling super awesome now. will have my brother and father coming by and so the big meal. I cook a lot and most of the time but now doing everything as the wife gets over the knee replacement. Still haven't had time to repair the bear destroyed bird feeder and really need to get back out in the garden to catch on weeding and pick strawberries but it will happen....sometime after my short nap LOL. JD

Grizzly

Re: Busy morning, big meal planned for this evening

#2 Post by Grizzly »

Now that sounds like a feast. I was wondering what I might put together for tonight. Rather then thaw anything out, I think I'll do pancakes and add some wild blueberries this time along with sausage links and scrambled eggs.

I sure miss having a freezer full of venison. Back then the wife did the cooking and I loved what she would do with it.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

jaydee2trad

Re: Busy morning, big meal planned for this evening

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Sometimes all we have are the memories but we do cherish them. I have always taken fish and game meat to those that I know no longer can hunt or fish but love to eat it all. It comes all too quickly and I know it. Last year I was only able to take one deer but my wife took 5, we are allowed 6 each here. And we have been wading thru it quickly but we feed it to family and friends as well. I know that you miss a lot of things that your wife used to do but now you are the care taker and one that loves her very much so she is in very good hands. My wife had been treated very badly years ago and so it's been my job to make her feel like the woman that she really is. For us in these later years of our lives, it is as if we take turns taking care of the other or just doing things for them that they no longer can do. And brother, breakfast for supper is fine dining in my book! As I tell my wife and family, the season of life changes can be quicker than we like but it is what it is. Be blessed my Brother, Jerry

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”