Depressing to say the least!

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Elkman
Site Admin

Depressing to say the least!

#1 Post by Elkman »

Yeah, Hopefully it helps.

I got an email from the VA telling us that all Veterans, VA staff and visitors are required to wear a mask at any VA facility starting May 7.

I think wearing a mask shows the person or persons near you out in public that you respect their lives and you are doing your part to help slow the spread. We all think we are healthy and shouldn't need to wear the mask, but do we all know if we are Asymptomatic?

NO WE DON'T!

I hate to think about it, but can it be said that the downfall of life as we know it here in the states will be our own freedoms? Not to mention the greed and selfishness that now runs wild in this country.

I know I don't need to say this because a lot of us on this site are a higher risk, but everyone needs to do their part. We are all in this together!

I had no idea back when I posted this in another thread, almost 2 months back, that things were going to get as crazy as things are now here in the states.

As a Veteran I have to say I am wondering why I bothered to volunteer to serve my country? What is going on in this country?

I never seen combat and I wonder what some combat veterans are thinking or even those that are now disabled veterans as a result of their service?

Am I wrong to be thinking this way?
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Depressing to say the least!

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Certainly is a depressing time! The division and unrest on top of the virus spread is just unreal! As a Pastor who has never faced anything like this I am left wondering what to do. Do I have Church and risk my life as well as those of our elderly members or cancel all services? I am certainly not wide open as before. Not taking nearly as many appointments and not being ask for as many. Really hitting our area right now! But am doing some in places where they make efforts to stay distant, no handshakes, and take it serious. Scheduled tonight and tomorrow night now. But not my old 6-7 days a week! Still having to do a few funerals and weddings as you can’t really say no to them as a Pastor. Well I’m straying from subject; sorry! Lol Guess we are all dealing with our own personal stuff! Ugly time!

jaydee2trad

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

I agree that it is very depressing to hear and see what so many are doing now. So many assume that everything will return to "normal" but it will not. So many act as if they don't care about the cost of lives and limbs etc that their freedom cost so many over the years. I too am a Vet. I missed the Vietnam war by just a couple of years but got to watch so many enroute as they trained before getting there. Also saw a lot of the results of the wars and still do. For many that have paid the price, I am glad that they are not around to see the actions of this once great nation. I personally don't want to see what will eventually unfold because it will afect so many friends and loved ones. There is a driving force within us that is determined to be the downfall of us as we know us. Things that were once treason are now commonplace. But on the other hand, it is the sign of the times and I know that God is still in control no matter what we may think. But is still so sad at how quickly the people forget.

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

I have to wonder if what we are seeing today, here in our nation and around the world is not the beginning of the prophesied end times. Many talk about how close it seems to be, first with the natural signs, the wars and rumors of wars, pestilence, disease and now the craziness all around us which seems upside down, where what is right is called wrong and what is wrong is held up as right. From 2 Thessalonians 2,

11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This verse is about how the Antichrist will be able to be accepted by the people. As crazy as folks seem to be in what they now think and believe, it seems very possible we are that close. All because we turned away as a people and did not let ourselves mature as believers so that God could manifest through the lives and actions and daily living of believers. Faith without works is dead.

I apologize for speaking in ways that belong on our Christian Faith and Fellowship sub forum, but I don't know how else to address this topic.

I too am a veteran who though not a combat veteran, has been shot at and had to shoot back. I hate to even imagine what my parents and in-laws who were in the thick of WW2, and then going back, the Spanish American Was as a NY Regiment volunteer and the Civil War would think and feel today. I'm sure it would not be about themselves, but about their children, grandchildren and future generations that may not be able to share in the freedoms we have known is this once great nation we knew was Under God and in whom many trusted.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Elkman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 pm As a Veteran I have to say I am wondering why I bothered to volunteer to serve my country? What is going on in this country?
In all sincerity, Tom, I will say this:
You really don't want to know. I used to laugh at the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists, but lately puzzle pieces are forming a picture I don't want to see nor believe. And since we don't discuss politics other than in general terms here, I won't go into it, other than to say it fits in with Craig's big picture.
If curiosity gets the best of you, I can hook you up with a few links that will freak you out...
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”