Getting dog bit

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
jaydee2trad

Getting dog bit

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Been bit by dogs numerous times, once by a german shepherd that knew me very well. he put a huge bruise on my thigh. He belonged to my landlord at the time, lived maybe forty yards from my house. The others weren't terrible except for one. I had picked up two small beagles that I had hoped to rabbit hunt with. They were super skiddish and hard to catch. I later heard that the guy had a son that was really mean to them. Anyways, I was trying to lure them into a pen that I had made plus I had collars to put on them. I had put some food inside next to pen where I hoped to be able to grab them one at a time. The wife at the time ignored my warning and grabbed the male, she had it by the withers and this made it go balistic. It was snapping and trying hard to get to her, I yelled at her to either drop it or throw it away from her before she got bit. Well, she just froze up and I knew that it was just a matter of seconds before it got ahold of her. Now I thought that I was quick enough but the dog was a lot more and suddenly it had three of my fingers deep in its mouth and was crunching down. Of course now the wife turns the dog loose and I am holding the dog up with my very bleeding fingers. It would not turn loose of my and after a couple of seconds, I formed a fist and hit it as hard as I could. Took three hits but it finally turned loose. The wife was screaming that I was going to kill it but I just looked at her and showed her my bloody dripping fingers. I hurried inside and washed them very well and then poured the peroxide to them. This was a week before opening day of bow season and now I couldn't begin to draw a bow. It was another 2 months before I could. Got rid of the beagles.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Getting dog bit

#2 Post by Elkman »

:shock: holy cow what a bad deal.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Getting dog bit

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Been nipped at but never a full-on bite. Scary stuff.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”