Guess I was raised differently

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Guess I was raised differently

#1 Post by Graps »

So my wife has "pet goats" and one of them has damaged it's left front shoulder.
She had a vet come today and he said it might not heal up without surgery.
Trying some oral medications for now and if that doesn't work, she is going to put it down.
Are you kidding me? It's 6 months old and your going to put all that money into it?
And without me even saying anything she blurts out that I cant eat it.
I see it now, it will get put down by the vet and I will have to take it out back and dig a hole and bury it.
Slpain that to me!!!!
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

jaydee2trad

Re: Guess I was raised differently

#2 Post by jaydee2trad »

exactly! like we don't know how to put an animal down. it once cost me $20 each for the vet to tell me that they have parvo and won't make it, then charged me for disposing of them. I have had the "job" of disposing of numerous pets etc over the years, even ones that I dearly loved. But to me it is just throwing away good money like you are saying. and you can't even eat it.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

I reckon goat is some good eatin, don’t think I ever ate it myself, but some local folks say it is. But for some reason once you give a critter a name everything changes!

Hill billy

#4 Post by Hill billy »

We feed out and finish a few steers for beef every year. Those numbered tags is what everyone in the family is ordered to reference them by no names. Although I do have a 12 year old German Shepard that is in her last days. Now that’s going to be a tuff one. But on not paying a veterinarian been there done that and not impressed.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”