??????

Bears, big cats, exotic and African game hunting with trad gear
Captainkirk
Site Admin

??????

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Oh, come on now...nobody is/has hunted dangerous game? (I once shot at a squirrel that I would definitely quantify as 'armed and dangerous'...but that's another story) :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: ??????

#2 Post by stumper »

I have not. An oddly I don't really have the desire to. No knock against that those who do, just don't. To quote Fred Bear although I have to take deer with a bow. "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods-lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures."
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, I know graps went bear hunting. That's dangerous game, even a widdow biddy bwack bear.
C'mon, graps...give it up!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

How about flirting with a waitress while your wife is sitting right there :shock:
Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about ?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

I shot this feral pig while it was charging me .
Someone else had grabbed her piglet's about an hour before I hunted her down .
Those huge pigs will eat you if they get the chance .
Attachments
39004_10150221894455012_5518482_n~01-640x546.jpg
39004_10150221894455012_5518482_n~01-640x546.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 1475 times

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

OH , I know another dangerous game I played .
This one time I was at my grandmothers house and I was about 12 years old .
The neighbor kid wanted to see if I could go with his mom shopping in town .
Now my grandmother was a Black foot and she had a very low threshold for putting up with any nonsense .
She was in her kitchen sweeping the floor , I was just outside the door when I asked her if I could go .
She said no .
I stomped my foot and said damn it ....... :shock:
That old woman tossed that broom straight up , caught it by the bristle end and that broom handle came down on the top of my head and I saw stars and my knees went week . :oops:
She never said a single word and just went back to sweeping .
Yep , That would have to bee the most dangerous game I ever played . :roll:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:How about flirting with a waitress while your wife is sitting right there :shock:
Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about ?
No, that's called "suicide"...
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:I shot this feral pig while it was charging me .
Someone else had grabbed her piglet's about an hour before I hunted her down .
Those huge pigs will eat you if they get the chance .
A feral pig charging would be dangerous,IMHO... those things will open you up like you had zippers on your legs. Thanks for sharing the pic. How about the back story?
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

The back story .
My cousin called me and asked if I would like a pig and I said sure .
He had a couple of the near by hog farm pigs back in his woods .
By the time I got to his house , there was a near by city police car in the driveway . Turns out it was the chief and he was a friend of my cousin and a hog farmer too .
I walked in the house and the chief told me that there was a big sow on the edge of the swamp and she was upset because he had taken her piglets .
I drove my truck back to the woods and parked near where it was suppose to be .
Got out of the truck with my .22 rifle and started walking to the edge of the swamp .
I couldn't find her and I was just walking slow and scanning the two foot tall grass .
Finally I saw a large pale rock and I figured it was her .
I closed in and sure enough it was her and she was sound asleep .
I figured I could sneak up on her and just pop her between the eyes and that would be all there is to it .
I started closing the distance , got within about 15 feet and she lifted her head , saw me , jumped to her feet and was charging me .
I pulled up my .22 and popped one round right where the X would be between her eyes and ears .
She locked up about 8 feet in front of me on the spot and fell over . I grabbed my knife and cut her throat to bleed her out .
Then a few minuets later I started to field dress her out .
The belly of that pig was almost 6 " thick and it was all I could do to hold the cavity open to clean her out .
Went back to the truck , cleaned my arms and hands off , grabbed my rope and went back after her .
I tied a slip knot around her neck and put a half hitch over her snout and off I go dragging her , off I go dragging her .
hay wait a minuet , where's the drag part ? It was as if I had tied my rope to a stump , I couldn't even make her slide an inch .
So I went up to the farm to get my cousin to bring his front end loader .
Get to the house and everybody is gone .
Went to the barn and no key in the tractor . But I found a telephone .
I called my dad and asked him if he would like to split a pig with me ?
He came to the farm with a long rope and a come along . We tied the come along to a tree and ran ropes out to the pig .
Crank , Crank.....
Well that was about 10 feet .
We did that a few times until I figured I could get my truck to where I could pull the rope .
Sure enough , pull , shorten the rope , pull , until we got her under a stout overhanging limb .
I climbed up and hooked the come along on the limb and we lifted her up and I backed the truck under her .
Took her to my dads house where we hosed her off and pulled her into the garaged and skinned her out , took the feet off and the head .
Loaded her back in my truck and took her to the butcher shop .
That pig after all that hung at 415 pounds . We figured her to be almost 800 pounds on the hoof .
My dad then told me that if I get any more free pork he don't want any because it's too much work .
Surprisingly it was some of the best pork I have ever had .

Return to “Exotic and Dangerous Game”