Fletch tape

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Jamesh76

Fletch tape

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

I love fletch tape. It works well for me as long as I glue the ends. I typically use Bohning. Well, being the Ebay addict I am and a cheap skate I have had good luck with most foreign products I tried. A week or 2 ago, I ordered a roll of foreign fletch tape for 85 cents shipped. Interested to compare and see how it works. Will post an update at a later time.
Attachments
20181016_165724-600x800.jpg
20181016_165724-600x800.jpg (118.02 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Graps

Re: Fletch tape

#2 Post by Graps »

Wow :shock:
I have never tried fletch tape but I have heard mixed reviews about it.
Anxious to hear what you think of this stuff.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

That's odd looking tape! I've also had great success with tape. As you know, it gets 100+ degrees here in Kansas with very high humidity, and freezing cold in winter often sub zero temps. I've never had a single slip with tape if I seal both ends with a quality glue...which mimic's your experience. Occasionally I also put a small dab on one side in the middle. It's been literally years since I've lost a fletching.....and that back when I was using fletch tite glue alone.
It'll be interesting to see if China brand makes as good as Bohning.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

I am also curious, I like tape but often use superglue because its cheaper and more available. as long as i keep the top of the shaft clean and dont touch it with my hands i havent had any issues with tape.

if i loose a fletch its usually because grazed something I shot at and it ripped the fletch off.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

I love the tape. The key is, as was mentioned, to apply a nice dab of glue to the ends of the fletching, and to run a fingernail down the quill after you pull the clamp off to get max adhesion from the tape.
Aim small, miss small!

Dan

#6 Post by Dan »

I like the tape also. It does pretty good even without the glue at both ends of the feathers.its quick because there’s no drying time.

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

I used tape for many years, with all the tricks, but switched to glue. It just seems to hold the feathers more consistently. I also started using bright wraps on the carbon and alum arrows.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “All about arrows”