Ok, what am I missing here....

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Longtrad

Re: Ok, what am I missing here....

#11 Post by Longtrad »

I dont really get how the carbon would penetrate better than wood, all things being equal. The only argument I have heard that clicks in my head is that the carbon straightens out faster out of the bow and also when it hits the target it straightens out faster too, loosing less energy going side to side so more energy keeps going forward. I feel this to be a bit insignificant with trad equipment and tuned arrows.... this is all just notion though, I havent tested any of this.

Bender

#12 Post by Bender »

Consistency. Carbon arrows, like aluminum will each behave much more nearly identically to each other than woodies do. This is true no matter how carefully you sort, cull, and match your woodies.

Shadowhntr

#13 Post by Shadowhntr »

Good points fellas....

Bender, glad to see ya post again, and glad to meet you. I agree there is no way woods could ever compete with the consistency of carbon (or aluminums ). Now, if I could just get to be a good enough shot to be able to capitalize on that factor, Id be an extremely happy archer! I have a looooong way to go! UGH!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#14 Post by Carpdaddy »

Longtrad wrote: Full metal jackets with an internal wooden tapered footing! The best of all 3 worlds :shock: :lol: ;)
I got to go with Clay on this one! :lol: :lol: Or natures Carbon...
Attachments
photo jul 12, 11 45 24 am.jpg
photo jul 12, 11 45 24 am.jpg (102.13 KiB) Viewed 112 times

Shadowhntr

#15 Post by Shadowhntr »

Alright Tony, Ive heard it, and heard it, and heard it from you....now,, im here by giving you notice, that im ordering 6 bamboo arrows from you, for 40-45 pound bow....dont really care about head weight, lets make it simple. Now, how much do I owe you, hmmm???

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ttt

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shadowhntr wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:43 pm Alright Tony, Ive heard it, and heard it, and heard it from you....now,, im here by giving you notice, that im ordering 6 bamboo arrows from you, for 40-45 pound bow....dont really care about head weight, lets make it simple. Now, how much do I owe you, hmmm???
How did I miss this?? Don’t have any to sell or that I would know the spine on. I did see several nice dozen at Ky Tradfest that listed spine. Tempted but didn’t have the cash. Tonkin cane makes a great arrow though, I’m sure you can find some online.

Return to “All about arrows”