Trueflight Fletching Guide

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Trueflight Fletching Guide

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Excellent advice for those who build their own arrows or repair the ones you shoot:

http://www.trueflightfeathers.com/guide.htm
Aim small, miss small!

Labrunner

Re: Trueflight Fletching Guide

#2 Post by Labrunner »

Definitely great info, weather it is for a beginner or any other if they have a question

dhaverstick

#3 Post by dhaverstick »

I wrote an article several years ago for a magazine about making my own wood arrows. The president of True Flight happened to read it and noticed that I used their feathers from the photos I had in the piece. He contacted the editor of the magazine to get my address and sent me a big box of all sorts feathers as a thank-you for inadvertently advertising their products. That's pretty good customer service to my way of thinking.

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wow Darren, your starting to remind me of Ron (Stay Sharp), he does a little bit of everything also. So you stickbow hunt, do leathercrafting, and write. And I'm thinking I remember you doing some bluegrass picking or singing one??

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

Wow. Awesome resource. Bravo.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:Wow Darren, your starting to remind me of Ron (Stay Sharp), he does a little bit of everything also. So you stickbow hunt, do leathercrafting, and write. And I'm thinking I remember you doing some bluegrass picking or singing one??
Yep, he posted an excellent video here of him picking AND singing bluegrass...did a damn fine job, too! If we ever have a rondy I'm inviting him as the entertainment!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Captainkirk wrote:
Carpdaddy wrote:Wow Darren, your starting to remind me of Ron (Stay Sharp), he does a little bit of everything also. So you stickbow hunt, do leathercrafting, and write. And I'm thinking I remember you doing some bluegrass picking or singing one??
Yep, he posted an excellent video here of him picking AND singing bluegrass...did a damn fine job, too! If we ever have a rondy I'm inviting him as the entertainment!
And to learn some tricks of the trade! :lol: :lol: He would have you tanning Lizard hide in no time Kirk. :geek:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

That would do me no good. No lizards around here.
Aim small, miss small!

Mohawk

#9 Post by Mohawk »

Captainkirk wrote:
Ummm, you all should know, Shadow is a WICKED :!: bluegrass picker too! I've heard many mandolin pickers and he's definitely top shelf. :D

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have heard that but no evidence as of yet, someone has got to post a video link! I can only remember Darren singing, he may have picked also but I don't remember.

Return to “All about arrows”