Resurrected to new life

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Resurrected to new life

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

What aluminum size do your boys use and what poundage bows? I have different spines from years gone by but don't remember how many sizes work.

Shadowhntr

#12 Post by Shadowhntr »

They are shooting 2117 out of 46lb and 49lb bows non center cut. I think one is close to 300gr end and the other is using 400gr.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

The 2117 is a 400 spine if I remember correctly but evidently it works for them with the weight up front. I'm guessing they have some extreme foc!

Shadowhntr

#14 Post by Shadowhntr »

They have pretty decent FOC. I think 25% and 27%...not as much as you'd figure. 2117 are pretty heavy shafts at 12gr per inch. They also have to have them out 30 1/4" to almost 31". I tried to get Wyatt to back off a little weight but he liked what he seen when he took his buck this last season. Russ also had pretty impressive penetration on a big doe. His hit heart, then went through the leg bone on the opposite leg and out...lol. Still didn't bleed much as the exit through the front leg had a lot of connective tissues in the area keeping it hard for blood to escape. She didn't go far though and only made it 45 or maybe 50 yards at most.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

REDTAIL

#15 Post by REDTAIL »

Same here with the Aluminum Arrow Shafts ,Just love the Aluminums etc.

Return to “All about arrows”