SpinRite?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

SpinRite?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Have any of you fellers used the SpinRite cresting tool, and if so, your impressions?
My home-brewed rig works OK as long as the shafts are straight, but even a little induced wobble is frustrating and leaves less-than-desirable lines. The SpinRite has rollers that grip the shaft and sort of dampen the wobble, although at almost 200 bucks, it's probably cheaper to buy better quality (read: straighter) shafts.
Just wondering.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/spinrite ... ester.html
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

Re: SpinRite?

#2 Post by Crazynate »

I've had my spin rite for about 5-6 years I believe. I like it but it can be tricky to get used too. I think it's great for wood shafts because you can adjust it and get the wobbles out if the arrows aren't that straight.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:I've had my spin rite for about 5-6 years I believe. I like it but it can be tricky to get used too. I think it's great for wood shafts because you can adjust it and get the wobbles out if the arrows aren't that straight.
Supposedly the new ones are more 'user-friendly' than the older versions. User reviews are a lot higher than for the Bohning which got a number of no-so-good reviews. It's cheaper, too.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

My granddaughter used one at the Kalamazoo show and it was very easy for her. She was 9 years old and never done anything like that before.
If I was going to get a crester, I would get that one.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#5 Post by Crazynate »

The only change I know he made was the different rubber wheel which is the one I have. Guys had issues with black marks so he changed it. I took some of the rollers out of mine. The small rubber bands he uses are not sufficient in keeping them in place. After sliding them a few times they become to loose and Serve no purpose It's annoying when your cresting and the rollers slide into your pattern. I've talked about this with the owner at the shows but he says it doesn't happen. Overall I'd say it's a good machine but without any other good ones out there it's hard to compare. I like the simplicity of the new Bohning one but I haven't used it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Hmm...sounds like all the issues are not resolved. Could you use moveable lock collars with set screws in place of the rubber bands?
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

One thing that bothered me about the 3R review is they showed a bar code pattern that was readable by a smart phone...but not being applied. That could have been a stick on label for all we know.
Aim small, miss small!

J. Holden

#8 Post by J. Holden »

Send a message to longbowfanatic. He has one and seems to really think highly of it.

-Jeremy

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

J. Holden wrote:Send a message to longbowfanatic. He has one and seems to really think highly of it.

-Jeremy
Done
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#10 Post by Crazynate »

Captainkirk wrote:Hmm...sounds like all the issues are not resolved. Could you use moveable lock collars with set screws in place of the rubber bands?
You could do that I suppose but every arrow spins a little different as far as wood ones and even some carbons believe it or not. So adjusting the rollers and the slide helps control the wobble. The owner is a real nice guy and he even gave me spare parts for mine for free. That's a plus when buying anything. Having good service.

Return to “All about arrows”