Plastic broad heads test

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.

jaydee2trad

Re: Plastic broad heads test

#2 Post by jaydee2trad »

Thanks. it is a perspective thing. Many Indians were forced to use whatever that they could find for arrowheads from wood to bone etc because they had no good rock type material to use. their bone arrowheads put down a lot of big game as well as men etc, Yes, they may be a one time use head but you can't argue with the fact that they can kill something. Dead is dead. years ago, a man shot an elephant with a 22 LR and it died although it took several days to do it but it still died. I have been considering making bone arrowheads for a while, they at least can be resharpen. A relatively close shot of 20 yards or so thru the ribs on a deer with a plastic one should be a fatal lung shot just as a deer tine or stick can do. I would say that a plastic one like this one is better by far than a field point which has been used who knows how many times over the years.

White Falcon

Re: Plastic broad heads test

#3 Post by White Falcon »

I have resharpened the plastic ones, small game only. I will stick with my Eskimo's.

Return to “All about arrows”